Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

I have noticed a change in the Fitbit iOS app since the most recent update.

In the graph that illustrates how many steps/miles you do each day I used to be able to see exactly how many miles/steps were done every 15 mins in a day by touching each bar in the graph. This feature for some reason has now disappeared which is a pain as I cannot tell exactly how many steps/miles were walked before and after a walk.  To some this many not be much of an issue but when you like to log the exact distance of your walk each day then this is a problem. I guess I could just wear the wristband when I start a walk but would much rather have the feature back. Just wonder if anyone else out there sees this as a problem or is it just me?  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

iPhone SE

My older iPad displays correctly. 

Best Answer

I’ve just noticed this too. If I log in on a browser I can still see intensity and 15min windows. I also have an older phone with a 3.something version of the app that still shows the information.

Hopefully this is an error in the last update that‘ll get fixed in the next one. 😕

Best Answer

I too am frustrated by this unwelcome system change.  For the last couple days I jockeyed around the app trying to return my screen display back to its previous functionality. I thought I had inadvertently clicked off the detailed screen in favor of the two color screen version.  I only resorted to this forum when I could find no way to address the issue. 
Now I more frustrated than ever as I have now learned FitBit  turned off the functionality in a software update I have religiously used to track my activity, 

FitBit, please rectify this issue with a new update at once! 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome. 

Thank you for the information and for taking the time to report this matter. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. I have escalated your reports to our team for further investigation. I will be sure to keep you updated as more information becomes available. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and listen to our concerns. 

Contacting support is not going to help; I have done what was advised and it seems this is not an error with my phone or tracker or app that can be fixed. This is simply the way the app has been written now, and unfortunately it is a change for the worse. 

I believe this is a matter of requesting the app developers to change this. It brings down the functionality of my tracker to a very large degree.

Best Answer

I agree.i

Best Answer

Before this latest App update there used to be an ability to open the steps and calories tiles, expand the view, and determine steps and calories in 15-minute increments.  It still expands, but the image is static and you can't get the data anymore.  Is that a defect in the app or a change in design.  It doesn't seem to make any sense to have a graph that you can't pull useful data from.

Best Answer

Hello @MSJL and welcome to the Help forum.  Do you use an Android or iPhone?  I want to move your post to a better fit forum.  You might get more help in the correct app forum.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @TatijannaWelcome to the Fitbit Community, @Lawina.

@Tatijanna I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your feedback. Please know that your comments won't go unnoticed, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and we take every feedback as a learning and improvement opportunity for our products.

@Lawina I appreciate the information shared in your post and would like to confirm the app version on your iPad where you can see the graph correctly. To see which version of the Fitbit app you have, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > Help. The app version is at the top. Please also provide a screenshot of the graph on your iPad as it will help our team to research this issue. You can follow these steps to attach a screenshot to your next reply: How To: Add An Image To Your Post. I appreciate your time and efforts.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

On IPhone app, the calorie tracker used to be able to show how many calories were burned each 15 minute interval by clicking on it for the exact number. Now, it’s just a graph, and I can’t click on it to show how many calories I’ve burned each 15 minute interval. Just a rough guess based on the chart.

Do I need to reset something or change a setting?

Best Answer

I am on an iPhone 10 MAX and having the same issues as others here. Hoping for a fix!

Best Answer

I’m glad there’s a thread for this issue as I’m also annoyed that it’s gone. I want it back to how it was before the mobile app update to version 3.44. Prior to this update I could see the different colored bars for different intensity per 15-minute increments. I have an iPhone XR running iOS 14.6. 

Best Answer

I use an iPhone

Best Answer

Same as Lawina, my iPad is still displaying correctly. iPad Pro. 

Best Answer

@Tatijanna I also contacted support as my first attempt to fix this situation. Support staff are unable to fix anything, because like you said, it's an internal change that is now written into the app for some reason. In fact, customer support directed me to write my own ticket in the features forum and luckily I found this thread showing that others are unhappy with this downgrade of the app. 

Best Answer

Absolutely!
I have used FitBit products for almost 10 years. Viewing my performance and reaching my goals tracked therein has become an essential part of my daily fitness regiment.
Through this forum the company has now been alerted that pulling the plug on a critical display is considered by serious users as a major product downgrade. Their silence on this tells me that this unannounced, unacceptable change was intentional.
I will be looking to purchase a competitor’s tracking product on the near future - one that is serious about providing me with innovation and prompt support.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

Agreed.
This was a very poor customer service, product functionality decision.

Best Answer

I have the same issue

i called the help desk but other than reinstalling the app and updating iOS they couldn’t not help

they claimed they did not know about it and had not heard about it

i also would like to have the color coding baxk

Best Answer

They would have to be color blind to miss it!

Best Answer
Right?!

Lori
Best Answer
0 Votes