Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

I have noticed a change in the Fitbit iOS app since the most recent update.

In the graph that illustrates how many steps/miles you do each day I used to be able to see exactly how many miles/steps were done every 15 mins in a day by touching each bar in the graph. This feature for some reason has now disappeared which is a pain as I cannot tell exactly how many steps/miles were walked before and after a walk.  To some this many not be much of an issue but when you like to log the exact distance of your walk each day then this is a problem. I guess I could just wear the wristband when I start a walk but would much rather have the feature back. Just wonder if anyone else out there sees this as a problem or is it just me?  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

I hate to say it but after a lot of consideration, I can kind of understand where fitbit is coming from…I’m guessing we make the investment in a watch and overtime that watch expense doesn’t cover all the storage for the data.  I imagine how much all my years of steps, calories, miles, food, etc. and it has to be massive storage.  I can only hope if we do have to pay some thing it will be very small and not as big as the premium price. I don’t know how much it would be but I don’t think there’s any app that is good as Fitbit. So I kind of hope their solution is not just get premium but maybe gradual rates.  I just wish they’d address this issue very very soon!!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

My HR used to let me click on my calorie chart and show how many calories I had burnt in each block of the chart and was coloured. Now it’s just white and teal and can’t click for calories per block. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your insight. I agree they need to find a way to offset the costs of storing so much data. But this specific feature is a base function of the product. When I purchase a calorie tracker or pedometer or heart rate monitor, I shouldn’t have to pay extra for that product to do its base function, which is to track those stats. This is not an extra feature like having recipes to cook, or mindfulness sessions, or access to videos. Those are extras that yes many customers enjoy and reasonably pay extra for. But then perhaps they should increase the cost of the premium memberships for the folks that use those extras and in turn, generate much more data that needs to be stored. Rather than dump that cost to folks who just want to use the tracker for it’s made for.
At this point, there’s no reason to buy a FitBit over any basic pedometer or heart rate monitor, because the FitBit app is now obsolete for non-premium users. 
Also, Google is an advertising company that thrives off storing and reselling user data, I understand it gets expensive and they need to find a way to make it sustainable, but don’t feel bad about generating so much data for them, it’s the reason Google bought FitBit in the first place lol.

If I sound harsh in my posts, I apologize to all here. I loved my Charge 3 and it helped me get back in shape. This change is hurting me in more ways than one, and it’s frustrating to say the least. 

Best Answer

I do really really agree with you. I’ve taken into consideration the Google crap. I guess I’m just really frustrated because I can’t figure out another way to replace the Fitbit watch and the app. I feel like I’m stuck in this situation. I thought about getting an Apple Watch and I can’t see any app that would work with the watch that would be like Fitbits. On the other hand, I can’t see paying what they want you to for premium because it’s kind of outrageous when you compare other fees that you pay.  $10 per month, $120 for a year!  Most apps, like Disney, are about five dollars per month.  I feel like we shouldn’t have to pay that much since we are contributing to Google with all of our valuable data. That information should count for something!!

Best Answer

i already pay for the premium but i too am effected by this, so it is not 'if you pay you have the data'.

as i said before i use the extra stats to help with exercise and weight control. 

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know😀I’m sorry you’re in the same boat but it might have proved something since Fitbit refuses to address this issue!!  This sucks😖

Best Answer

@Ladyhj I just came here to say something similar, I just checked using the free trial of Premium and the colors and details still aren't there. So I'll be cancelling Premium immediately. @Mom2Jacob and @Tatijanna yeah I just thought you guys might want to know that the data isn't behind a paywall, it's just gone! Fitbit better bring it back. I too am frustrated with the lack of concrete response from Fitbit. @LiliyaFitbit we don't want you guys to just "look into it" we want you to put this feature back please, ASAP!

Best Answer

I hope you’re right about fitibit not holding this feature for ransome.

Best Answer

Taking time out of a very busy day to come here and find out what is going on? 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Can’t believe the colour coded intensity bars have disappeared! I don’t just want to know WHEN I walked, I want the intensity levels so I have actual information about the stages, intensity and duration. So disappointing. Will this be fixed or is it time to shop elsewhere?

Best Answer

If you have a better fix, besides fitibit, please let me know.  I got my Fitbit report this morning and it said they were hiring.  I’ll cut them a little slack if this is like a problem everywhere with customer service, shortage of staff.

Best Answer

Hmm, @Mom2Jacob, eliminating the intensity colors & interactivity features doesn't affect data volume at all - the 15-minute values are still collected for display in the monotone plots. The only reduction is in the app code, & that's on your phone. I really don't think that user data storage volume could be a cost driver.

Does anyone know if this feature was removed from iOS only & still exists on Android? Just curious.

Best Answer

FYI: I’m using an iPhone 6s, iOS 14.7.1

Fitbit Inspire HR. App version 3.45

Best Answer

Fitbit sold to google for 2.1 billion. I don’t think our little data storage is an issue. They bought it knowing it was a profitable model. 

Best Answer

3.45 launched today on iOS, however the existing problem was not resolved, it’s persisting. Frustrated. 

Best Answer

Bummer!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

True.
It really makes no sense that they would downgrade a model that offered excellent information that promoted the product and encouraged users to be initiate with it.
I’m trying to stay positive, but I fear the cause to reinstate the service is lost.

Best Answer
Yeah, they have had two or three updates since this was reported now and
still no change and no response that indicates what they plan to do.
Best Answer

Yes, a lot of people are affected by this. But at FitBit is appears that “Mums” the word on the downgrade and its fix.

Best Answer

Good question
I wish FitBit would chime in with some answers rather than keep us guessing.

Best Answer

Therein lies my problem. I have been dedicated to a series of little FitBit instruments on my wrist for years. I have not shopped around because FitBit provided tools to track my performance and keep me on task. If this is nothing but an unfortunate glitch that will soon be addressed I’ll hang with them. If not, then I’ll have to look elsewhere.
Silence on FitBit’s part is not golden.

Best Answer