Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

I have noticed a change in the Fitbit iOS app since the most recent update.

In the graph that illustrates how many steps/miles you do each day I used to be able to see exactly how many miles/steps were done every 15 mins in a day by touching each bar in the graph. This feature for some reason has now disappeared which is a pain as I cannot tell exactly how many steps/miles were walked before and after a walk.  To some this many not be much of an issue but when you like to log the exact distance of your walk each day then this is a problem. I guess I could just wear the wristband when I start a walk but would much rather have the feature back. Just wonder if anyone else out there sees this as a problem or is it just me?  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

HI everyone - I have an update for this thread. At this time the graph update was intentional, and it's not likely to revert back. I realize this this thread has been open for awhile with a lot of speculation, and that this outcome is a disappointment for most of you. Please know that your feedback has been passed on to the team. 

Thanks very much for your reports and participation in the forums. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Only one reason why a company would reduce functionality - to upsell you something. Money grabbing and for me affects my opinion if Fitbit brand, which has now plummeted. I will now move away from Fitbit and openly spread the word amongst my friends. Poor treatment of customers. I won’t be the only one who feels like this…

Best Answer

That’s absolutely ridiculous. 

Best Answer

I should’ve figured since I had so many replies on my getting rid of the recipes on the food part and never heard anything more about it and the recipes are still there!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

So can I ask? Is it just Apple products that can never get it back or are Android products still OK with it?  Since you’re being so open now I guess you can let me know

Best Answer

Wow. It took a month to tell us the truth?

Best Answer

Hi Kate, 

Thank you very much for your answer, it’s nice to finally have transparency. 

Adding brand-new elective features or enhancing functionality to a product or service and putting that addition/enhancement behind a paywall is normal (as long as the free/cheaper version is the same and still functional).

Suddenly putting established features, or actively reducing functionality and then putting baseline (pre-modified) functionality behind a paywall, feels very shady. 

I understand it’s not unique to Fitbit, but any company that practices in this is a turn-off for me and many others.

That it took so long to even give an answer, tells us that we are not valued customers, not even those of us to pay for your premium services, and that our money is simply not wanted. 

Best Answer

Wow!!! First of all I’m totally  disgusted. They’ve been lying to us for well over a month, over and over! I’m so glad I didn’t try the premium service and waste my money. Looks like I know what I want for Christmas! (Hint: it’s not a Fitbit). I probably would have been less angry if they didn’t lie about it. Fitbit I would like to know why lie to us? Why not just be honest?

Best Answer

Yes I am an avid user and you’ve just given me a reason to change my routine after 430 days of 10000+ steps.  I’ve been waiting for some reason, any reason to stop or change something because I’m bored. I am no longer a Fitbit fanatic! 

Best Answer

why? what is the reason?

ive just googled emails very easy to find, maybe we should email the CEO and ask him why as the company is worth over 1 billion!

'i have recieved a personal email from dear @KateFitbit and it states ....

It was do to another change, actually. Things are always updating with the app and sometimes things get changed. I wouldn't rule out it not getting updated (more like the original) again, but I don't have any timeframe or confirmation yet. 

Sorry about that. '

Best Answer

@KateFitbit 

For what reason? And why only affect iOS users?

Best Answer

yes come on Kate!  Now radio silence?  

Best Answer

That is awesome! I guess Fitbit doesn’t know what kind of experts are users that they’re pissing off!

Best Answer

This concern is now tagged as ISSUE_RESOLVED ??

Best Answer

the issue is not resolved!  

Best Answer

So when will I get the color coded 15 minute intensity graphs back?? They stopped working.  

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

I am sorry to hear about the frustration this change has caused. For more information, please check the best answer. Please know that our team strives to improve our products, services and overall environment based on the feedback we receive from our Community members.

I'll be closing this thread from further comments. If you have more questions, please reach out to our Support team or open a new thread.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer