Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

I have noticed a change in the Fitbit iOS app since the most recent update.

In the graph that illustrates how many steps/miles you do each day I used to be able to see exactly how many miles/steps were done every 15 mins in a day by touching each bar in the graph. This feature for some reason has now disappeared which is a pain as I cannot tell exactly how many steps/miles were walked before and after a walk.  To some this many not be much of an issue but when you like to log the exact distance of your walk each day then this is a problem. I guess I could just wear the wristband when I start a walk but would much rather have the feature back. Just wonder if anyone else out there sees this as a problem or is it just me?  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

HI everyone - I have an update for this thread. At this time the graph update was intentional, and it's not likely to revert back. I realize this this thread has been open for awhile with a lot of speculation, and that this outcome is a disappointment for most of you. Please know that your feedback has been passed on to the team. 

Thanks very much for your reports and participation in the forums. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

I wish I could help and I really hope someone responds!

Having the same issue. I am counting calories very strictly and having to be precise with my exercises, and it’s a huge pain having to now guess how many calories I burned and at what times. I would prefer the tracker and app to do that for me, so I can continue with my fitness journey.

Thank you so much for posting this! 

Best Answer

the app has stopped showing the color coding for activities. 

I deleted and reinstalled the app and I made sure I have the latest IOS version

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

My device is iPhone 7, version 14.7.

After the latest app update (Fitbit app 3.45) I can no longer see the exact number of calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled, etc within the 15-minute intervals the way I used to. This is a huge problem.

Now when expanding my calories burned, it’s a graph with large intervals making me have to squint and guess how many calories I burned and at what times.
Sadly, this makes me hesitant to upgrade to buying a Charge 4 because I was needing the app to track how many calories I was burning while doing different things. This means I need precision. 
This is the same for other things like steps, heart rate, miles, etc. It’s a graph that doesn’t give enough precise information, making it hard for users to actually track what they’re doing. 

Best Answer

Typo, the app version is 3.44. I’m not sure how to edit posts, I apologize. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Tatijanna.  What I’m doing at the moment to work around the issue is to make a mental note of mileage before I leave house for walk, then deduct that amount from total when I finish the walk. I don’t know if that would help your situation. Maybe it’s a little more complicated for you.  It is definitely a problem that needs addressing though and I’m sure we’re not alone in our frustration.  Let’s hope someone sorts it out soon.

Best Answer

It’s good to see you in the community, @ClausW.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this. If you still need help, please feel free to contact our team back as they already have all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

The newest update removed the ability to see the step count in 15 minute intervals. I have older devices that don’t have that on them. I need the phone to see my step count and how close I am to 250/hour

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Ste_Co_UK and @Tatijanna.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your feedback. 

@Tatijanna I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this. If you still need help, please feel free to contact our team back as they already have all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. You can edit your post by following the steps in How To: Edit Your Post. 

@Ste_Co_UK Thank you for sharing your workaround. I would like to confirm what do you see if you do the following: tap Steps tile > tap on Today > tap on the graph? If possible, please provide a screenshot for further investigation. You can follow the steps from this post to attach a screenshot to your next reply: How To: Add An Image To Your Post.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit 

The plot you get when you tap on when you tap on "Steps" -> "Today's steps" used to look like this (color coding showing intensity, and precise time & # of steps displayed when you tap each 15-minute bar):

100K at 906pm 20191023 4h07m StationaryTime 0753pm-1200.jpg

The new version 3.44 has all the detail & interactive functionality removed:

V3.44 daily activity detail removed.jpeg

Same goes for Floors, Calories, & Miles. 

@Ste_Co_UK @Tatijanna 

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed the same thing and am extremely disappointed. It’s a huge step backwards in my opinion and I can’t understand why they would take out these great features. It makes the app feel ten years out of date. I’ve had a fitbit for years but it’s making me rethink my options. 

Best Answer

Agree. This can't possibly have been the intent. Hopefully, they'll fix it quickly. If not, I'll have to explore options.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome. 

Thank you for the information and for taking the time to report this matter. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. Please provide the following information for us to investigate further:

• The model of your iOS device model.
  • The OS/software version of your iOS device.

@LVinLA Thank you for providing a screenshot.  

Please note that I have merged several threads with this issue.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer

iPhone 8

iOS 14.7.1 (I think I upgraded to the latest iOS yesterday though it might have been Tuesday. If yesterday, that might coincide with the issues).

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @laxmanx.

I appreciate the additional details. I've shared this information with my team for further investigation. As soon as there is any news on the matter, I'll be sharing them. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer

iPhone 12

Fitbit app 3.44

This sucks not being able to see intensity and numbers of steps per 15 minute increments. What is Fitbit going to do about it?

Best Answer

I am also experiencing the same bug in version 3.44, running on an iPhone X iOS14.7.1 

Best Answer