Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

I have noticed a change in the Fitbit iOS app since the most recent update.

In the graph that illustrates how many steps/miles you do each day I used to be able to see exactly how many miles/steps were done every 15 mins in a day by touching each bar in the graph. This feature for some reason has now disappeared which is a pain as I cannot tell exactly how many steps/miles were walked before and after a walk.  To some this many not be much of an issue but when you like to log the exact distance of your walk each day then this is a problem. I guess I could just wear the wristband when I start a walk but would much rather have the feature back. Just wonder if anyone else out there sees this as a problem or is it just me?  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

Thanks

But it is interesting to note that only a few days ago, your help desk did not seem to even know about the issue and told me that I was the first to report it.

You may want to check your internal communication

Claus

Best Answer

I contact customer support about this earlier on the live chat function. All they did was refer me to the community forum. Not impressed with their level of service at all. I really valued this function and don’t understand why it has been removed.

Best Answer

I posted a separate topic on this.  I’m glad you confirmed it was that 7/27 update.  I have let Fitbit know

Best Answer

That’s what they told me too. I depended on that feature to track my exercise progress in 15 minute increments. Big mistake to get rid of it.

Best Answer

Same problem. I don’t get it - why take away a feature??? We’re not paying for this device and service to have features removed. I’ll be looking elsewhere for tracking devices if it isn’t fixed soon.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, it's good to see you participating in this thread. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome.

Thank you for your updates in this thread. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this, I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.  All the reports shared from users are helpful to continue investigating this and working on the fix. 

@mcgeesmith Thank you for confirming that your iPad Pro is still displaying correctly. If possible, please provide a screenshot of the graph on your iPad as it will help our team to research this issue. You can follow these steps to attach a screenshot to your next reply: How To: Add An Image To Your Post. Please also confirm the version of the Fitbit app on your iPad: tap the Today tab > your profile picture > Help. The app version is at the top. I appreciate your time and efforts.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope they reinstate the feature
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Billcoop.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I appreciate your efforts and understand your concern. I would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and they are currently investigating it. I've merged your post to this thread for more information. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Me too but recipes still haven’t disappeared even though so many said they hated them on the food spot.  Google has done nothing good yet.  You’d think all the data would be all they could ask for but they’re still trying to eek out more.

Best Answer

How old of an iPad?  I have an iPad 2 but the App Store only has an aria fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you again @LiliyaFitbit  for keeping in touch and listening to our concerns,

I hope that your team has all the information they need and that they will release an update soon with this feature brought back. Can’t wait! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MSJLIt’s good to see you in the community and thank you for your support, @LZeeW.

@MSJL Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling and would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and they are currently investigating it. I've merged your posts to this thread for more information. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Two screen shots from my iPad Pro. On the left, what we don't have on the iPhone anymore - color and quarter-hour count. On the right, my version. I think the reason it still works is I don't have the latest build. Perhaps roll back the version?

Fitbit McGeeSmith 1.pngFitbit Version McGeeSmith.png

Best Answer

So jealous!  Now it just looks like a bland picture of a graph 

Best Answer

Me too.  Thanks all for posting.  Nice to see I'm not the only one who noticed.  I used this feature almost daily to see how many steps I need to get to 250 for the hour.

iPhone XR, iOS 14.6.  FitBit 3.44 (1059)

Daily FitBit user since 1/1/2014. Just bought the Luxe.  Not going to drive me to another platform, but it is an annoying loss of capability.  I'm watching to see what happens here.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome.

Thank you for replying back with the requested information. I appreciate your time and efforts. I understand how much this is affecting you and appreciate your patience while our team is investigating this issue. I'll update this thread once I have more details. 

@mcgeesmith Thank you so much for providing screenshots. I appreciate your time and feedback. 

See you around.

Best Answer

The bug exists within the most recent rollout of the fitbit app on iOS, a rollback of the app to 3.43.1 would be the best bet or to rerelease 3.43.1 as 3.44.1 or the current 3.44. 

It would appear that it doesn’t matter what iOS or iPhone iteration, it is a software issue in its entirety. 

Best Answer

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

So is this a bug or a deliberate change?

Best Answer