Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

I have noticed a change in the Fitbit iOS app since the most recent update.

In the graph that illustrates how many steps/miles you do each day I used to be able to see exactly how many miles/steps were done every 15 mins in a day by touching each bar in the graph. This feature for some reason has now disappeared which is a pain as I cannot tell exactly how many steps/miles were walked before and after a walk.  To some this many not be much of an issue but when you like to log the exact distance of your walk each day then this is a problem. I guess I could just wear the wristband when I start a walk but would much rather have the feature back. Just wonder if anyone else out there sees this as a problem or is it just me?  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

No one knows. FitBit will not respond.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Same here!
I’m trying to stay positive, but FitBit’s cone of silence on this issue is very discouraging.

Best Answer

I agree, leaves us in a terrible spot!🤬

Best Answer

I wish I had found this stream before I wasted almost an hour talking to the customer service department.  The person I spoke to told me ‘he wasn’t aware of any problem’ and ‘maybe the feature I was looking forward was only available to premium’.  I hope you can solve the issue, but at the very least you could make sure that your customer service representatives are aware of it!!

Best Answer

The actual Fitbit update from 7/27/21 no longer appears in my apps app along with earlier updates.

Best Answer

Exactly!
Somebody, somewhere made a conscious effort to throw a switch to turn off the reporting functions. Maybe the uninformed thought nobody used this functionality, thus nobody would care.
Wrong! And their continued silence on this issue only serve to further aggravate their dedicated user base.

Best Answer
You are absolutely right. I had the same experience with their help desk about 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I contacted them earlier and provided many things, even the topic location I had created.  They also acted like”they had no idea”.  I only got one email 8/6/21 on my case and this is what it said:

We do appreciate your patience with us resolving the missing data to your Fitbit account.

To further check the issue, may we know if there's another 3rd party app linked with your Fitbit account?

If you have any additional questions about your Fitbit devices or services, visit. www.help.Fitbit.com  

Sincerely,

Xander M. and the Fitbit Team

Nothing since

Best Answer

I chatted with another customer support representative today and was told to keep adding comments & votes so the developer team will take notice. I was also told to suggest it in the Feature Suggestions forum. Someone already has done that, here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Restore-detail-stats-graphs-in-the-iOS-Fitbit-ap... so I think we all should keep adding comments & votes to that thread as well as this one. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, right?!

Best Answer

D003E75B-EB1A-4733-B353-D4F0E8F438E3.png

Shows up for me. 

Best Answer

What they managed to do is retro-age the functionality of the app by at least five-six years, albeit even far less interactive. Back then the app was teal and white much like it is now, but you could still interact with the graphs🙄

Best Answer

What is the I day ago update?  Are you using apple or some other?

Best Answer

Ok thanks found the info.  I still don’t see the update from a day ago in the initial update spot

Best Answer

Thanks for your persistence on this issue. Together, I hope, we can encourage them to restore the function.

Best Answer

hi Everyone

i know i read somewhere about 'was this only an IOS problem or did other phones have the same problem' but cant find it now.

anyway, i remembered to check husband fitbit (he has an Android phone) he has all the colours and 15 minute blocks, his app has not changed at all.

so i am now wondering is this an Apple-Google thing?

Best Answer

I’ve though all along the this was related to Apple’s latest iOS release. That’s based on nothing other than I downloaded the latest iOS on 7/27 and that coincided with my loss of the detailed quarter-hours. Maybe just coincidence, but it wouldn’t be my first app negatively impacted by a new iOS release.

Best Answer

Did he get the 7/27 Fitbit update?  If he is set not to automatic update he might be ok.  Otherwise I only have iPhone with no access to android to verify.

Best Answer

I think my apple update after I noticed Fitbit be being broken.  Also the apple update said it was mostly for apple watches to communicate with iPhones.

Best Answer
  • The longer it gets makes me thinking it’s a permanent situation( stagnate screen).
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue on my iphone. Im so frustrated. My fitbit usage is part of my identity lol. I need the charts to display correctly.

Best Answer