Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze, iPhone, Airpods, music control & phone call control

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is Fitbit Blaze - iPhone - AirPods a working combination with regards to music control (pause, play, skip, vol control?)

Also when receiving a phone call can you answer it from the blaze and have the sound output (voice) transferred automatically to the Airpods?

I am being very specific with the setup since the Airpods have the  ability  (via software from iPhone) to completely turn off any type of pause / play control. In this way there shouldn't be any "battle" over which device (the Blaze or the Airpods) takes control of music or sound output and that would solve the issues over music control.

I am considering the Blaze but it is very important for me that it can work for both music & phone calls with the Airpods .

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had to test this 🙂

As to your first question, yes. If your AirPods are paired to your phone and you answer a call with the Blaze, the call comes through the AirPods.

For your second question, no. While on a call, using the buttons on the Blaze has no effect. While playing music through the AirPods, changing the volume with the Blaze worked fine.

I hope this help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

SInce your looking for some very specific ios help, none of which i no anything about, ive moved your post to the ios forum. @ckv_1860

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to add my experience. I have never posted, but I have been a FitBit user for several years now.

I have an iPhone 7+, as well as a FitBit Blaze and the Airpods the OP is referring to. This is not an iOS question, it is a Blaze question. So if it could be moved back, we might see other opinions.

So to answer the question posed, yes, the AirPods do work as you describe. With a few caveats. They only work as expected if you are using Apple's music app, I have found if you are streaming using something like Spotify, the Blaze does not control the volume or skip tracks. Also, if you are tracking or mapping exercise using the Blaze, the music functions do not work as well, but not specific to the AirPods, I found the same issue with other Bluetooth headphones. The press of the button needed to activate the music controls also paused the tracking. So I just use another set of bluetooth headphones when I need to track exercise, that have external controls.

I hope this helps you make a decision, if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for taking the time to post!

I have the same setup as you (7+ & Airpods) so your input is very important!

I would also like to ask you, with regards to making / answering phone calls, about the functionally of the setup.

If you have an incoming call and you press the accept button on the Blaze is the call transferred to the  Airpods without any problems? Can you control the volume during the call from the watch?

Thank you once again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to test this 🙂

As to your first question, yes. If your AirPods are paired to your phone and you answer a call with the Blaze, the call comes through the AirPods.

For your second question, no. While on a call, using the buttons on the Blaze has no effect. While playing music through the AirPods, changing the volume with the Blaze worked fine.

I hope this help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer