Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze text notifications - No preview

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just got my first Fitbit and have a problem. I don't like having previews of text messages automatically pop up when I get a text. On my iPhone I have previews turned off. But I do like getting notifications that a text was received. How do I get my Blaze to tell me I got a text without opening and displaying the message?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I would think this would be a setting in the messaging app or the phone. In general Fitbit sends to the tracker what it recieves.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Ngreen111, welcome to the Community Smiley Very HappyDepending on your tracker, you can receive call, text, or calendar event notifications if you have a compatible iOS or Android mobile device.

The table below shows which type of notification is available on each tracker.

notifications.png

When you receive a notification, your Fitbit Blaze vibrates. Depending on the type of notification you receive, the following information appears on your screen:

• Phone call—Caller's name, if in the contacts list on your mobile device, or phone number. 
  • Text message—Sender's name, if in the contacts list on your mobile device, or phone number and the contents of the text message.
  • Calendar event notification—Name, location, and time of the event appear. 
           User-added image           User-added image

Fitbit Blaze can store up to 30 notifications, after which the oldest are replaced as new ones come in. Notifications delete automatically after 24 hours. Your tracker can show up to 32 characters of a subject and up to 160 characters of a text message.

To manage notifications:
  • On the clock, swipe up to see your notifications and tap any notification to expand it for more detail.
  • On a notification, swipe right to delete it.
  • To delete all notifications at once, swipe down to the bottom of your notifications and tap Clear All.
  • If a text notification is long, swipe down to scroll through the entire contents of the text.
  • To exit the notifications screen, press the Back (left) button. 

See this video in order to enable notifications on your tracker.

Happy stepping!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How would I get for the preview to not show on my fit bit blaze?? 

Previews are disabled on my iPhone but on my Fitbit blaze it displays it and I don’t want it to display. I just want for it to show the name of the person who messaged me. Is there a way to get rid of the preview? 

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t think this is currently something that you can configure.

ive been through every setting imaginable on both phone, watch, and app and can’t disable it.

maybe this is something that can be submitted as a feature request? Data Privacy is a hot topic at the moment

Best Answer
0 Votes