Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have been having problems with Bluetooth for a few days. Now I can't even get it to display at all on my phone. I tried the troubleshooting steps and it's still not working. Help!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@mtulenson

Found the solution!  I got on Live Chat w/a FitBit agent, who solved my problem.  Here's the chat:  Agent Paola:  First, plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Charge. Your Charge will begin charging. Now, press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30")

What you can do about pairing failures

1. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. ...
  2. Determine which pairing process your device employs. ...
  3. Turn on discoverable mode. ...
  4. Make sure the two devices are in close enough proximity to one another. ...
  5. Power the devices off and back on

Bluetooth Connection:

1. On your iOS device, tap Settings > Bluetooth. Stay on this screen until you complete the steps to pair your accessory. 
  2. Place your accessory in discovery mode and wait for it to appear on your iOS device. If you don't see it or aren't sure how to make it discoverable, check the instructions that came with your accessory or contact the manufacturer.
  3. Tap your accessory to pair. You might need to enter the PIN or passkey. If you aren't sure what your PIN or passkey is, check the documentation for your accessory.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. I had already tried this and it didn't work. The
problem I was having was because it was connecting to my IPAD. I turned the
bluetooth off on that. We'll see if I continue to have problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try a reset, no data loss. Hold down the home/sleep button together until you see the apple logo and then release, then wait for the phone to boot back up.I've done that and it doesn't work. There is a white line box around the 'slide to unlock' and a box around the red 'slide to power off' I've restarted the phone several times holding down the home and sleep buttons together.I tried the home/sleep reset but did not work. After reading the manual online under reset (page 145-146) it sounded like it might be a setting that accidentally was set called "Assistive Touch" which referred me to page 127. So much for where to find it, the solution was pressing the home key at the bottom 3 times in a row and voila everything was back to normal. Thanks to this discussion page I got on the right track to find it even though the resolution was not here. I have also accidentally set "Voice Control" on in the past and reset that setting using the same push home key 3 times. These setting apparently have been done through a shortcut that I am unaware of having made but pressing the home key 3 times apparently is the solution the these type of issues.

1. Log in as an administrator on your Mac.
2. Open the Terminal utility located in Applications > Utilities.
3. When Terminal opens, open the hosts file. Type this command and press Return:
sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
4. At the Password prompt, type your administrator password. Terminal requires a non-blank administrator password. As you type your password, you won't see anything appear in the Terminal window. Just type the password and press Return.
5. Edit the hosts file. The hosts file contains comments (lines starting with the # symbol) and default hostname mappings (for example: 127.0.0.1 – localhost). To navigate the file, use the arrow keys. If you find an entry containing apple.com, add # and a space to the beginning of that line. If this is a work computer, the hosts file might redirect to local resources like software updates. If needed, ask your support staff for help.

6. To save the file, press Control-o.
7. Press Enter at the filename prompt, and Control-x to exit the editor.

Best Answer
0 Votes