Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Calories In” no longer syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since 4/27, the Food widget on my home dashboard is no longer updating immediately when I input calories eaten. The graph page will show an accurate number, but my dashboard takes HOURS to update and reflect the current info.

I called the support line and they didn’t know what I was talking about and tried to tell me that the numbers weren’t supposed to match. (Are you serious??)

I’ve tried the following troubleshooting:

• Signing out of the app and signing back in
  • Force-closing the app
  • Deleting the app and re-downloding it
  • Removing the Food widget from the dashboard and adding it back
  • Scrolling back to previous days and then coming back to today to re-sync
  • Removing my Inspire from Bluetooth and adding it back
  • Restarting my Inspire
  • Removing my Inspire from the app and adding it back
  • Clearing the history/cache of my phone
  • Restarting my phone

At this point I think the app is just broken. Everything else is syncing properly EXCEPT the “Calories In” information.

Did a recent update occur or something? This issue just started yesterday.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Itavita 

Wow, I can certainly applaud your efforts to try and resolve this issue on your own. I’m not sure if I understand completely what is going on so I did a bit of digging around and found a forum thread here on the community boards that I believe is discussing the same issue you are experiencing. You can see that discussion here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Calories-tile-not-updating/td-p/4701220 If this is indeed the same situation I’d join in the conversation thread there to keep updated on a resolution. 
Please let me know if this is indeed the same topic of conversation and that I hopefully at least pointed you in the right direction. 
😃Happy Stepping! 

Update: on another note I’m wondering if your taking about the Dashboard online here not syncing for hours. I do know if you tap Dashboard at the top of your screen you will see all your stat tiles. Above the stat tiles, on the top of the screen you will see the date. Beside the date it states when it synced last. When I’m online I usually see that mine will sync about every 5-8 mins. Lastly, I’ve read that sometimes changing your clock face on your Fitbit back to the original one helps with issues as well. Do you have a third party watch on your Fitbit tracker? If so, try changing it to see if that helps. Just a thought 

Best Answer

It’s a similar issue but not the same tile. I don’t have Premium, so the tile that isn’t updating properly is the Food tile on the regular Dashboard. Even forcing a new sync doesn’t help - the number will stay at the previous calorie count.

So far the only thing that has kind of worked (i.e. it can take several tries) is to delete the food tile on the Dashboard, log out of the app, delete the app and re-download, log back in, and add back the food tile. Sometimes I’ll also delete all of the individual calorie info for the day and add them back as one large number (so instead of 40, 50, and 80 I’ll delete them and put 170). This helps if the Food tile keeps leaving out the latest calorie addition.

I don’t have the option to add in a picture, but is there a way to email you screenshots of what I’m talking about?

Best Answer

Hello again @Itavita 

😃you can add a picture here by hitting reply below. When the reply button pops up look to the top left corner of the box and you will see a photo icon (it’s the last icon on the left) just tap that icon and add photo (screenshot) that way

Also can you make sure your phone is compatible with the Fitbit App. You can check here: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on my phone and the website doesn't give me the option to post an image on mobile. I had to log in on a computer. 

I don't have the option to upload a photo from my computer, either. It just asks me for the source URL. Apparently I "don't have permission to upload images."

I emailed the photos to the support email. Do you have access to those emails? Do you need the Inquiry #?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have access to support email @Itavita2 I’m a Fitbit consumer like yourself. I don’t work for Fitbit. But, this forum is regularly monitored by Fitbit Moderators. I’m sure they will see your post and are able to better assist you. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to be of more assistance.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem and the fit bit customer support rep said the same thing, that the  thing that says “x calories left for the day” isn’t supposed to update. Guy was gaslighting me for sure. 

My experience is that the tile on the home page won’t update for hours and it won’t match the calories from the chart (which also won’t update an hour or more). Sometimes when I put a new entry in the number on the chart will even go down to 0 for a while even though it already registered earlier entries. Can’t be sure what numbers are accurate at all.

How hard is it to add a bunch of numbers together and show me the answer? Food log is currently unusable because of this which is unfortunate because it is the most useful feature of the app. Looking into other calorie counting apps 

Best Answer

This is very frustrating! I understood exactly what the OP is referring to. We shouldn't have to go inside the detail to review consumed calories! This obviously an app update glitch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same exact issue and it is so aggravating. Did you ever get it fixed? 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. It's apparently an app problem. I wish Fitbit would fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes