Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned showing but I haven't logged in anything.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I’ve only just started using the app but notice that my calories in are showing 400 but I haven’t logged anything. Can anyone help?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Carlywithac, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's always a pleasure for me to salute new members! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Please note that your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the rate at which you burn calories at rest just to maintain vital body functions like breathing, heartbeat, and brain activity. Your BMR usually accounts for at least half of the calories you burn in a day and is estimated based on the physical data you entered when you set up your account: gender, age, height, and weight.

The calorie burn estimate that Fitbit provides takes into account your BMR, the activity recorded by your tracker, and any activities you log manually.

Your tracker's calorie count will reset each night at midnight and begin counting immediately thereafter. BMR is the reason your tracker starts the day with calories already burned—you've still burned calories even if you haven't gotten out of bed yet.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes