Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I go back to older versions of the app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's possible to go back on older version applications

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

HI there @Ceca, welcome aboard to our Community. Once you have updated  the app to the most recent version is not possible to downgrade to an older version. I wonder if you are experiencing issues with your new app version?

Keep me posted if you need more help. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I also want to change. My flex 2 stopped syncing after the new update. I have tried everything I have read and nothing helps.

Best Answer

Hello @Lynnettecuebas, my apologies for the late response. Let me start by giving you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! Since it has been a while since you posted I would like to ask you how it goes so far? Is the issue still persisting?

I'm wondering which mobile device brand are you using? there were some reports for the Fitbit app in Android, where it was presenting syncing issues. However this board is for iOS and the app should be working as is expected, so I'm a bit curios regarding this.

If you are on Android, the issue was resolved with the new version. For more details take a look at this post: Android app version 2.65.1 is now available - 1/25.

Let me know which platform are you using. I will be happy to give you more specific help.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
After the phone update and fitbit update my phone was not compatible
anymore..crazy after almost a year of synch constantly..well I had no
choice but to upgrade my phone..lol
Best Answer

Hello there @Lynnettecuebas, my apologies for the late response.

After my last interaction in this thread another version was released for the Fitbit app, so at this point I'm sure you have this version already, but I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue still persisting?

If the issue persists, perhaps the following instructions will guide you through: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Note that an update in the Fitbit app will not render your phone as not compatible. The only scenario where this can be possible, is if your phone is not among our List of Compatible Devices and even in those scenarios your tracker still can sync. The only difference is we cannot guarantee if the functionality of the app will be as expected since the app is not optimized to run with the device in question.

See you later and stick around if you need more help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 8, and since the update I cannot connect (to charge 3) without force quitting app,  turning on airplane mode, waiting a few seconds, turning off airplane mode, having a cup of green tea...

...seriously though, I love my Fitbit and have morphed from a couch potato to someone who loves to get out and walk, but the connectivity issues are frustrating.

Best Answer

Can I jump in with a related question? I just bought my mother a Fitbit charge 3. She loves it but has an older iPad which cannot be upgraded to IOS 10 and will not allow me to download the Fitbit app. She uses her iPad for jigsaw puzzles and email and will not be excited about paying hundreds of dollars for a new computer just to sync her Fitbit. Is there anyway to get a link for the older Fitbit app? She just wants a way to sync so she can see her stats.  Thx!

Best Answer

What a horrible look of the new version. So inefficient. I wish I had never upgraded, although you should have shown the End Users what the new version was going to look like before we accepted it. I never would have dreamed it was designed so poorly. Shame on you. Maybe it's time to transfer to a more user friendly product with an app that displays information appropriately. Frankly, your new version just SUCKS.  I am so pissed!  #%^$$^&&:$%&&/=

Best Answer

I also recently received the update.  On my iPhone, it does not show the circle around the the steps, floors, miles, etc, as a progress indicator as it did in the previous versions.  The circles only change when the goal is reached.  Also, I get constant popup suggestions at the top of the dashboard.  I can't find a settings control for the screen appearance or the popups.  I greatly prefer the previous version of the app.  Can you give me any direction for correcting these issues?

Best Answer

I hate this redesign. Please give us the option to go back

Best Answer

Totally agree! I used the old version so easily & multiple times a day, for sleep, water intake, active minutes, etc. Nothing is even similar now with this updated version! Very frustrated.

Best Answer

Yes! Seriously flawed update. 

Best Answer

Hi. I have just started experiencing this too.

I am using an iPhone 6 on iOS 12.4.1

I just got back from a bike ride and now I can't sync my data.

I don't want to reset my Charge2 and lose the data.

I have deleted the app, turned blutooth off, reset the phone, reinstalled the app, turned blutooth back on and still I can't sync.

Pretty poor show Fitbit. Can you please advise when a patch will be available to fix this problem, ideally before I lose the data from my Charge2; this was my first tracked training bike ride!

Best Answer

I can’t sync my flex now that I have the newest version 

Best Answer

If SO many people are having the same problem, then why don’t they change it?!!!!

Best Answer

Cannot sync my Alta HR.

Best Answer

Well over a year ago I now face the same problem. Everything went fine and with smooth sailing until your app had an update and now my smart watch, which is chose because I would be getting my notifications, is nothing but a digital watch. My phone is no longer on the list of android phones that should have no problems, and I sure do understand why. I'd like this to be fixed asap, I find this quite annoying considering the fact that it keeps telling me to restart my phone, but neither restarting my phone nor removing the app and reinstall it works. I am no longer able to receive any notifications on my SMART watch

Best Answer

Agreed!! The new version is horrible, and hundreds of people are all saying the same thing. So why is it still here?

Best Answer