Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I go back to older versions of the app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's possible to go back on older version applications

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hi. I noticed with the new Fitbit app, the + button to add a silent alarm is no longer. Is there anyway they can bring that back? Now I have to go into my settings and silent alarms to add an alarm. It was just so much easier when the old app had the add button right on the dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! I liked the old look better 

Best Answer

please let us keep the old look of the dashboard. why did you change it?

it was perfect before. why no option to keep the old look we love?

this new version is awkward and cannot see all the stats on one screen as before.

Best Answer

There is a way to go back to an earlier version of an ios app but only if you sync to itunes and don't use cloud sync AND you transfer purchases AND you didn't transfer the new version and overwrite the old one.  Look in Music/itunes/media/apps and search for fitbit xx.x.ipa

This is the actual app BUT it will only work with your itunes account and if you didn't download it and save it you have no recourse without it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it that every where I look people are complaining over and over again about the same sorts of sync issues and yet no proper response from Fitbit? 

This is totally ridiculous!  Make it possible for people to downgrade the fitbit os and app version so that peoples devices which are not cheap can start working again!

It is totally simple!  This is bull!  Your new updated software sucks for older devices!  It sucks! Fix it! While we are waiting for you to fix the new software make it possible for us to back update soi we can use the products we paid for when we put our trust in your brand.

Ive seen so many posts indicating people got rid of their devices because of this and posts indicating that another fitbit customer is no longer. The complaints are everywhere you look across the web. 

Get it together Fitbit! Or else your brand probably wont be around much longer.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed. I stopped using my Fitbit shortly after I wrote this post because
the advantage it held over Apple watches was that it had the features I
wanted. When it became clear the company did not have my interests or needs
in mind when designing and redesigning their apps, my brand loyalty no
longer seemed appropriate. --
~Sarah Manter
Best Answer

Yup! I got a Garmin VivoActive 4 and have never looked back. Great watch with everything I need. And amazingly, it works! Syncs & everything! Buh-bye, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

yup i returned a versa 3 which misleadingly said on the box it could store music even though it didnt detail that it could only store music from either premium pay deezer account or premium paid pandora neither of which suit me,  I then exchanged for a  versa 2(1/2 hr drive each way for me) and spent about 3 or 4 hours tryng to get the thing to transfer music with its THREE(that is right! 3!) diff connections. Bluetooth,wifi,usb  3 different connections types and it is still impossobile to trnsfr music from cpu to versa2.  U hve to use the phone app to link first to blue tooth and then from phone tell watch which wifi to use then make sure watch is charging. Then u tell watch to transfer and it then tries to conect and it drops the wifi and the bluetooth.  it cant sync my personal music or sppotify or dezer or pandora. I return it for a new versa 2 since i read a lot of forums and comments and reviews and some folks said they got a new one and it worked. I was not so lucky. i had all same isues and wasted more driving time and several hours again trying to set it up and get music onto it to no avail.  I got on tech support phone call and they walked me through all same steps id tried so many times on all three phones and had no luck. they elevated my case and had me send screen shots of errors and my cpu specs etc  I forgot to mention I also dove into my wifi router internal settings to see if there was an issue there and when there wasnt I tried two other  routers thinking it could be a new tech in the router that isnt compatible. No use. not solved.  I then tried using three differnt cpu's as well as two iphones and one android phone. still nothing.  I then dug around and found older veriosn of adroid app to instal with hopes backtracking was achievable.  It did back track a bit, but the functionality worsened. I reset a million times.  they finally replied three days later at the "elevated level" with what looked very near a form lettter stating they were happy to assist me and they pasted links to thier help pages which were pages describing evrythhing I had already tryed a million times and with theiir phone staff.   The response was the most lazy and worthless elevated response one could conjure.  They know that this is a massive issue and they act like its all good.  I traveled the 30 mins to and form one last time to exchange for a garmin forerunner music.  pardon my french, but fuk off FItBit!  your company sucks and you wont last much longer at this rate.  I can tell with in minutes of opening it, that my garmin is clearly an infinitly better device. It actually has about a 1000 x's more functions to get deep with runing and training and it also stores music and can do it via one connection with out having to hassel linking both a phone and a cpu loaded with their own fitbit app in addition to wifi and bluetooth which seem like each one requires the disocnnect of the former and the connect to later in a never ending loop between the phone the cpu and watch in order to fail.  The garmin also shows up immediatly on the apple desktop and conencts with easy and doesnt drop from any of the connections.  It works like any device of this type should be expected to work at this time. It is absolutely ridiculous. all of it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

FML my dad just bought me a versa 3 for Christmas.... Really hope its not as **ahem** as yours was, but if it is what Garmin did you get? Cuz I'd be looking for something good similarly priced. 

Best Answer

Tell me about it! I have to update my Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 to Android 9.0, although my phone says that the system is up to date on EMUI 8.2. How can I update my Fitbit app if I can't update to 9.0?

Best Answer
0 Votes