Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have the FitBit APP on both my iPhone and iPad?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I installed the Fitbit APP on my iPad a 3-4 months ago.  It was already on my iPhone6 for over a year.  About a month ago, my Fitbit Charge HR started acting weird.  When I went to sleep the time was correct, but when I woke in the morning it was off by hours and minutes... even though the unit was charged at least 50%.  Then I also noticed that the Fitbit would not sync with my iPhone any longer, but would sync with my iPad.  Both are running the same IOS version.  On my iPad the Bluetooth shows the Charge HR as connected, and on the iPhone it cannot connect via BT no matter how many times I completely power down the iPhone.  So this morning I deleted the Fitbit APP on the iPhone.  I'd like to get it working with the iPhone again so should I delete the APP on the iPad and never reinstall it on that device?  How do I know what version of firmware is in my Charge HR and what version the APP is?  Do they automatically update?  Do I need to install it on the iPhone as a new Charge, and will my email and password trigger the same mess again?

I appreciate all/any help.-Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@69Camaro -- although you can have the app on both your iPad and iPhone, the bluetooth on your fitbit can only sync with one of those devices at time.  If it is connected to your iPad, you cannot connect to your iPhone.  Since you already deleted the app from your phone, go into settings for the phone, check the list of devices under bluetooth, look for Charge HR, select it and then choose the "forget device" option.  This gets you completely back to ground zero.  Then reinstall the app on your iPhone and sign into your account.  Turn off Bluetooth on your IPad (if it is in the same house) to make sure the CHR isn't connected to it, and then try to sync with your phone.  It should be able to find it now.  (Restarting phone and CH2 are the standard steps if you cannot get it to sync, and you are sure it is not already connected to something else like your iPad or computer).

When you download the app from the app store it will be the latest.  And after you connect to the app, it will let you know if newer firmware is available for the CH2.  (You can check the version number of the firmware on the CH2 when you restart it; plug in and hold down button to 10-15 secs until version number appears.

Hope it all works out.  Lets us know how it goes.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@69Camaro -- although you can have the app on both your iPad and iPhone, the bluetooth on your fitbit can only sync with one of those devices at time.  If it is connected to your iPad, you cannot connect to your iPhone.  Since you already deleted the app from your phone, go into settings for the phone, check the list of devices under bluetooth, look for Charge HR, select it and then choose the "forget device" option.  This gets you completely back to ground zero.  Then reinstall the app on your iPhone and sign into your account.  Turn off Bluetooth on your IPad (if it is in the same house) to make sure the CHR isn't connected to it, and then try to sync with your phone.  It should be able to find it now.  (Restarting phone and CH2 are the standard steps if you cannot get it to sync, and you are sure it is not already connected to something else like your iPad or computer).

When you download the app from the app store it will be the latest.  And after you connect to the app, it will let you know if newer firmware is available for the CH2.  (You can check the version number of the firmware on the CH2 when you restart it; plug in and hold down button to 10-15 secs until version number appears.

Hope it all works out.  Lets us know how it goes.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Hi, @69Camaro! Wow, lots of questions!

So basically, you shouldn't need to uninstall the app on either of your devices for things to work. You can be syncing to multiple devices with no problem, since everything gets uploaded to the servers and nothing stays on your device(s).

As far as versions go, I'm not an iOS user, so I can only give general tips, but for the app, you should either be able to go into the app settings on the device or possibly in the store to see what you have. For the tracker itself, you can go into the app itself and then click on the tracker icon in the top right. That will get you all the information about the tracker, including the firmware. Firmware on the tracker does not automatically update. The app update is based on how you have it set up for your devices.

For connection, sometimes there are definitely issues. Stopping and restarting Bluetooth can sometimes help, as can restarting your tracker. Sometimes there's also an issue when you have a bunch of Bluetooth devices in the same area, so maybe you can try syncing with your phone when it's not near your iPad.

When you install your app on the phone again, you will not need to readd the tracker to your account, just log back in to your existing account.

Good luck and let us know if you need additional help!

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Followed your advice, got rid of the APP on the iPad and the iPhone, started from scratch... Tracker seems to be working OK now, although I'm curious about one thing... when I woke up this morning it wasn't already sync'd.  About 20 minutes later it was sync'd.  Probably not a big deal.

But thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I was trying various things and this worked perfectly.👏🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes