Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I participate in challenges if I have an Apple Watch?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got an Apple Watch instead of the Ionic due to the phone answer feature, is there a way to use the Fitbit app so I can still do challenges with my pals?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

May I add one clarification as to what it means if a question is marked as “solved?” Most of the questions in these threads ask how to use specific features. I’ve walked many people step by step thru a process that is already in place but they did not understand. Question asked. Question answered. It is marked solved.

In some cases though, “solved” means the question was answered as best it could be. Not everything can be resolved in a thread. I do not mean to come across as snarky. Sorry if it sounds that way. But in this particular case, we did not not have a method in place or advice to offer to make this idea happen. If something is not currently possible, the best suggestion is to use the process Fitbit has in place to introduce new features and suggestions. That new idea or feature is then in its proper (new) thread where people can vote for it, comment, Fitbit can gage interest and possibly go forward with implementation. The original thread is then marked as “solved.” 

Best Answer

Thanks for the post, @MarcoGFitbit.  That's not 100% accurate, though.  My wife uses SyncSolver to sync her Apple Watch and it does update the challenges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CM1965 and @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner, I appreciate all your help and for taking the time to post your insight about this situation, Thanks. 

@CM1965, please note that as mentioned earlier, SyncSolver is not an app developed by Fitbit, which means we can't guarantee its accuracy or functionality. Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear your wife is using it without trouble and the steps from her Apple Watch are being added to her challenges. 

Thanks for your participation in the Forums, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

So essentially we would have to carry our phone on us at all times?

Best Answer

But it says “solved”. It’s not solved. The original question was concerning how to Fitbit challenges with an Apple Watch. Not how to do Fitbit challenges with an Apple phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CaseyB001, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Have a warm welcome @oJZo, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@oJZo, please note that, as mentioned earlier, only Fitbit devices and MobileTrack can sync steps to challenges. Some people have used SyncSolver to transfer the steps from their Apple Watch to Fitbit but as the app has not bee developed by Fitbit we can't assure the app will work correctly and your steps (from the Apple Watch) will be synced correctly. 

@CaseyB001, if you'll use MobileTrack, yes, you will need to carry your phone with you so the steps will be counted by the sensors on your phone. Otherwise, they won't and manually logged activities do not count for challenges. 

I hope this resolves your inquiries, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi @oJZo, in this case, “solved” means the question was answered. If you read my previous explanation, it explains in more detail. 

Best Answer

Hi

I do have MobileTrack but it ‘s not syncking with my challanges. Please help, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The mobile sync is only useful when your phone and Apple Watch are in close proximity.  The Apple Watch does not have the sync solver app So in order for it to work your phone which has the app needs to be close to it.  If you do your activities and the phone is out of range it will only sync those steps when your phone is in range.  I tested it out and in order for my steps to sync accurately I have to either carry my phone with me in the gym or use an armband.

Best Answer

I don't see a mobiletrack in my version 2.95.. any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, oJZo.

These are community forums. Nothing posted here is a work ticket for the engineers of Fitbit. By asking about Apple Watch syncing with the fitbit app, you are not assigning the job to the engineers at Fitbit to make that possible. And you're not making it so that they better do it or this thread will remain unresolved.

When a post is marked resolved, what it is saying is that the user's concern is resolved. The answer is NO. NOT POSSIBLE. END OF STORY. Therefore this thread is resolved.

I can't post a thread here asking if my fitbit can make me a sandwich, and then expect it to remain unresolved.. 

Best Answer

Apple Watch will not allow you to participate in challenges. The phone will allow you. For example, you can have 4,000 steps on your Apple Watch and 350 steps on your iPhone from walking with the phone in your pocket (or where ever you keep it/hold it). When you open the Fitbit app, the number in the dial will show the 4,000 steps, but in the challenges it will only show the 350 steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also wear and prefer my Apple Watch. I have all apple products. I understand that Fitbit wants everyone to use their wearables. But maybe the should allow us people with other watches like Apple Watch and Samsung and google devices to pay an annual fee for the Fitbit app and let us join in on the challenges and using the app. 
I would pay say, 69.99 or even 99.99 annually for Fitbit app and  to be able to wear my Apple Watch and sync to Fitbit! 

Best Answer

Hi @Vandelina . As @josekreif mentioned, this is simply a community forum. Fitbit developers do not monitor these forums. They do monitor the Feature Suggestion Forum where ideas are posted and people can vote to show interest in those ideas. However, even if Fitbit was open to your suggestion, Apple and others would also have to be willing to cooperate and Apple has not shown any willingness to cooperate with Fitbit in any area so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your product keep working after 11 months, I wouldn't have purchased an Apple Watch. Sadly, my Versa is now garbage. I will so miss the challenges with my friends, but with all of your current product issues, I would spend another dollar of my hard earned money a Fitbit device. My guess you guys will be gone as soon as Google figures out how to compete better with Apple.

Best Answer

This didn’t work for me. I have mobile track set up and can see my steps from my Apple Watch but the steps don’t show up in the challenge. Help! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to keep participating in challenges, why can’t the app even be available for the watch and we can just log in with our details.... I’ve had 4 fitbits and they last a minor amount of time, how would I track my spin classes??? Fitbit aren’t being very cooperative with everyone..... 

Best Answer

I want to participate in challenges with my Apple Watch.  I guess this is just not possible at this time.  Very frustrating.  

Best Answer

Disappointed I can’t use my Apple Watch and do challenges with my Fitbit friends. I really like the fitbit platform and all it tracks. Hoping Fitbit allows easier syncing and challenge participation soon.  Or updates their fitbits to compete with Apple Watch..... 

Best Answer

Anyone know anything about Virgin Pulse app?  Could challenge anyone that's friends on the app regardless of whether they have apple or fitbit correct? 

Best Answer
0 Votes