Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I participate in challenges if I have an Apple Watch?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got an Apple Watch instead of the Ionic due to the phone answer feature, is there a way to use the Fitbit app so I can still do challenges with my pals?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

When does Fitbit plan on allowing other device to participate in challenges?  I am a prime member and used the other features such as individual challenges and hiking.  But if Fitbit has drawn a line in the sand that their products are the only ones used for challenges. I will be letting everyone in my challenges know why I will no longer be an active member then .... I will be cancelling my membership and deleting the app.  

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit  can you please edit the “solution” post. I read reply this thinking you could use MOBILE TRACK with the *Apple Watch*…. I read this before switching from Fitbit for many many years to the Apple Watch. The question asks if you can participate in Fitbit challenges with Apple Watch. The answer is NO. Mobile track currently only syncs with iPhone. So if you carry your iPhone everywhere then you can do the challenges with mobile sync. Apple Watch currently is not recognized with the mobile sync in the Fitbit app. 😢.  @Fitbit can you please change this?  I’m so bummed; have been participating many years with a group of friends. Fitbit, if you lose connectivity with the outside world, your user-ship may eventually decline. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But in order for “mobiletrack” to work, don’t I have to carry my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your experience with the Fitbit app. Before anything else, let me clarify it's not possible to sync an Apple watch with the Fitbit app. Our team constantly works on our devices and features, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. For this reason, I'd recommend supporting this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board by adding your vote. It's not currently planned,; however, our team left voting open to keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about this board, see our FAQs.

About your other inquiry, because this is a public forum, other users might have found that post helpful enough to mark it as the Best Answer. However, I understand where you're coming from and I've unmarked it to prevent any confusion. Thanks again for your feedback and we'll keep working to improve our services, and make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If doing this though it requires you to have you iPhone on you for all steps correct. I really wish the Apple Watch was an option. 

Best Answer

Correct and ditto. Before I bought the Apple Watch, because my Fitbit was dying I made sure that I could still participate, and did not understand that mobile sync meant you had to carry your phone around. Bummed 

Best Answer
0 Votes