Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change weight loss start date

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've previously been able to change the start date on a weight loss goal by going into Account > Nutrition and Body in the app, and tapping on the start date. But now when I do that it still allows me to choose a new date but there's no confirm button once I set it and if I tap anywhere else on the screen it creates a new goal from today's date.

I've done this before, and since the ability to enter a date (even though you can't confirm it) is still there it doesn't seem like this functionality has been purposefully taken away, it looks like it's just not working correctly.

I've also heard that there's some way to edit the start date from the website, but I've looked everywhere I can think of and I can't find it. Can anyone help me out with this? I just want to track my overall weight loss, not just a portion of it. It seems like this incredibly basic desire shouldn't be this hard to achieve.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @BTHoskins 

Hopefully I can help you. To set a new weight goal date in the online Dashboard tap on your weight tile and then tap “see more” at the bottom right of the tile. Scroll down to the center of your screen and you will see “set new goal weight”....just tap that and your own your way. Just follow the instructions from there.

in the Fitbit App go to the main page where all your current running challenges are showing, find your weight tile in that same list. Once you find the tile tap somewhere in the center of the tile (not on the plus sign) once the next screen opens you will see your weight progress in a graph at the top of the screen. Just below the graph you will see the word “Goal progress”. Look to the right of goal progress and you will see “edit”. Tap edit and your on your way. Just follow the instructions from there.

😃 I hope this provides you with an accepted solution to your question. Please let me know. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

Hello @BTHoskins 

Hopefully I can help you. To set a new weight goal date in the online Dashboard tap on your weight tile and then tap “see more” at the bottom right of the tile. Scroll down to the center of your screen and you will see “set new goal weight”....just tap that and your own your way. Just follow the instructions from there.

in the Fitbit App go to the main page where all your current running challenges are showing, find your weight tile in that same list. Once you find the tile tap somewhere in the center of the tile (not on the plus sign) once the next screen opens you will see your weight progress in a graph at the top of the screen. Just below the graph you will see the word “Goal progress”. Look to the right of goal progress and you will see “edit”. Tap edit and your on your way. Just follow the instructions from there.

😃 I hope this provides you with an accepted solution to your question. Please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn’t work for me on the app or online because there isn’t an edit button near the progress portion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing the weight goal sets the new goal, but makes 'today' the new start date.  I too found the place to change the start date in the app, but, like you, there is no 'accept' or 'change' option and it just resets to the wrong date automatically.  I even tried changing the start weight to my true start weight, hoping it would allow me to reset the date after.  Nope.  I adds the start weight to 'today' and REALLY screws up your tracking data.  It seems there was a way to fix this once, but everyone from late 2019 to now has the same problem and none of the old fixes work.

Best Answer

Unfortunately your solution doesn't change the start date. Like the previous poster I can find what looks like the way to change the start date - account - nutrition & body goals - start date. It allows me to change the start date but not save it. Surely there must be a way to do this????

Best Answer
Two days after I wrote this, the date spontaneously changed to the one I wanted. I don’t know why or when or how.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I finally found it!  Complete the steps :  Go to Profile, then Nutrition and Body,  Set the start date like you want.  There are 3 little dots at the top of the app.  Tap on that and then I hit "cancel" because I didn't want to set a new goal.  When I did that it saved it.  Then I needed to update my start weight so I did the same thing.  Then hit those three little dots and chose "cancel".  Finally everything updated!

Best Answer

As of March 15, 2020 this works on the iPhone app as long as you change both the start date and the start weight to match what they were then. Tried only date and did not work until I did both. I did pause a bit and tap items to be sure they didn’t revert back before I left the screen. Definitely a software glitch that shouldn’t have made it through QA b/c it is so unintuitive.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

As of July 1st, there is still no way to accurately change the starting date as it simply reverts to the current date. Even using the all suggestions above it does not change. This is very frustrating as now there is no accurate data.

Best Answer

I agree, @virginialyssa. Super frustrating. The only way I think you can do it is to wipe out all data and start again, and that's not something I have the time to do. I wish FitBit would fix this.

Best Answer

OK, after posting the last comment I contacted support and they helped me find the way to do it, which is to go to 'Account' by clicking your little picture of your avatar in the top left (on a Charge 3), then going to 'Nutrition and Body Goals'. That worked!

Best Answer

Still not working for me.  I'm using the iPhone app.  I am able to change the Starting Weight, but as others have said, there is no way to change the Start Date.  I am able to use the spinner to choose a new date but there is no way to save it.  It reverts back to the old Start Date that I already had.

Best Answer

I just realized that using the iPhone app, if I move the Start Date forward, it is automatically saved, but if I go back in time, it doesn't save.  For example, I was able to change it from 7/26 to 7/27, and then change it from 7/27 to 7/28.  But now I can't change it to anything earlier than 7/28.  I just made the situation worse because I want to set it to 7/11.

Best Answer

Y'ALL I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!

I haven't seen this solution mentioned anywhere else, I posted this on the original post I replied to, but I'll mention it here too.

(Thankfully I use a smart scale & app that that's NOT an aria, so I could cross reference things and have an un-f*&&ked list of data.)

Essentially, I found wildly incorrect weights were scattered throughout my weight history on the fitbit system, which I believed happened every time I tried to edit my goal through the fitbit apps weight dash "edit goal" (not thru the hidden food goal edit). I had my start weight showing up over and over thru my weight history, as well as totally wrong weights (a kilo higher even) logged when I had data that stated otherwise - all caused by me trying to change the start date, and the fitbit app logging that as that dates ~current~ weight instead of as a start weight.

I went thru the weight history, corrected wrong entries and deleted the original start weights that were scattered all throughout, and VOILA! my start date was finally changed to the date I had been trying to set!! It seems the weight history is overriding the customised start date, and it grabs the latest date that it logged the goal weight (which will be today/yesterday if you've been trying to fix it repeatedly with no luck!)

PS Fitbit app developers, you should fix this ASAP, it's obviously been an issue since 2017 at least. Changing a starting date SHOULD NOT log the start weight for the date of the day that you are changing it. Holy moley. 

Best Answer

This method worked for me. Thanks👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these tips work. I’ve tried them all. If this has been an issue for two years then please help contact someone for us who can fix this bug!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

These are instructions to set a NEW weight goal... not edit the date of a weight goal.  We want to change the date that is in the app.  This feature is not working.  It allows you to change the date but then it assigns a random date.  Please fix this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope... not working on 14 October 2020!  Please fix!!

Update:

Still not working

This worked for me too!  Thanks!!!!

Clean up your weight data and then the date you saved for your goal weight automatically updates to what you changed it to! Yay!!!!

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hoppfullt this might work for you and others as it did for me. Tried everything possible but nothing worked until this. Start by changing the start date to the date you want in Account > Nutiotion and body. As you have the “scroll menu” up click directly on “start weight” right under and put the weight you started at. Then either click the “back button” or the three dots. Go back to startpeige and look if it worked. That process worked for me, hopefully it might help others 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you, that worked perfectly for me 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes