Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find "Advanced Settings"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I’ve updated my Fitbit Software 22.55.2,

the icon that takes me into my account is gone. I need to adjust my stride length. How do I get into my account now? When I click on the Charge 2 icon, it just takes me to handednrss, right, left, clockface etc. I’ve gone into all and cannot find advanced settings. Thank you in advance.... Darlene 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51
The new version, as of 10/4/20, you just click on your picture for advanced settings.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree that the methods prescribe to access the Advanced Settings options are much outdated.

I bought the Ionic about approx. 08/20/2020. So I am referring to how to manipulate the FitBit App version that is current for

around that date period.

I found that all of the major functionality that a user likes to adjust in a way that suits them can only be accomplished via your telephone. The device itself seems to show 'read only' information; such as steps (walking, stairs), heart rate, etc.

So to make adjustments with the latest of software:

(1) Use your phone to open the FitBit App

(2) When the FitBit App opens, you will be on the Internet

(3) Notice at the top of the screen the word 'fitbit'

(4) On the line on the screen with the word 'fitbit' there are 2 icon symbols; one to the left of the 'fitbit' and one to the right of 'fitbit'

(5) Select the icon on the left; it is for accessing the menu items like Settings

(6) Scroll down the screen to the Settings section/group of items;  'Settings' will appear in bold print to show where it starts

(7) Set 'Advanced Settings' within the Settings group 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no picture. And there is lies the problem as to why the user 'Base
Runner' created the post.😉
Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no pix of me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I put my picture of me on myself!!
The top right has an envelope, the top left has a circle. Touch the circle.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes but still no advanced settings

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

i can see settings but still no advanced settings

Best Answer

no advanced settings. what do you mean by SET?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW - That’s where I used to see it. It’s not there as an option on my app screen now. Am I missing something?  I can get to Stride Length and other advanced settings if I use a browser to go to Fitbit.com ... then tap the gear icon at the top, right ... then select Settings. 

1582092C-E063-4B77-89DD-E75FB4827406.jpeg

Best Answer

@MrMarv - Maybe I’m missing something, but I’m not seeing what you describe at the top of my screen. I’ve tried tapping all over it. 

10933B09-8734-4D71-BA77-167A26B2D5D3.jpeg

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner -

Changed in the past two years since the post you are referencing. What used to be what looked like a 3x5 card or "ID card" on the top right is now your logo pic on the top left - in your case, the kitten. In mine it is now "Grumpy".

IMG_0389.png

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

I meant to say 'Select' Advanced Settings within the Settings Group. Also as others have said, please assure that you that have your Fitbit synced with a recent (if not the most latest) version of the Fit Bit App software version. Some people have also mention the the 'left icon' that I mentioned can be replaced with your own photo. I have not, by choice, chosen not to put my photo into the FitBit App.

So those who are referencing to select your photo will be identical to what I have said when you have uploaded your photo. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems like only you and I can’t see it. No clue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Texas-Analyst @azs2 

No picture if you have not actually assigned a picture - I believe you will see a "circle icon" with a simple human silhouette inside.

As to "Advanced Settings" mentioned in the original posts from nearly three years ago, the app has changed so much that the whole layout is much different. The image that @SunsetRunner posted earlier today is it, with the exception of those settings specific to the devise you use. The device tab is just above the "Shop FitBit" tab shown in @SunsetRunner 's post.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the "Advanced Settings" missing from the app.

Thank you for the additional details and for the screenshots shared. As @MrMarv mentioned, the app has changed with the recent update. Most of the settings included in the "Advanced Settings" previously can be found in the App Settings, while some were moved depending on the area. For example, the Food database setting was moved to Nutrition & Weight, and the Stride Length setting - to Activity & Wellness > Exercise.

For more information about the Fitbit app, see How do I use the Fitbit app?

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

where can you change stride length

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine either.  So frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still cannot locate the advanced settings.

Under my name it says: 

Personal

Badges and Trophies

Groups

Guided Programs.

I am really struggling here.  I let my battery get down to zero and the time was off by several hours when I charged it back up.  Still hoping to find some help on here tonight. 🙂

Best Answer

OK thanks for your help to the SETTINGS.

Mine says:

Activity and Wellness

Account Settings

App Settings

Help and Support

Licenses and Legal

Notifications

Social & Sharing

Third Party Apps

I have tapped around and still can not locate the Advanced Settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes