Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the Fitbit app to download on my iPad Mini.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Why is it I can use Fitbit on my Laptop & my iPhone but can't find the app to download on my iPad mini?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Technically Fitbit is an iPhone app. If you search Fitbit and nothing pops up, go to the upper right hand corner of your App Store and you'll see a drop down menu. It should currently say "iPad only" choose iPhone only apps from that menu and Fitbit will show up! That's what I have to do for a few apps on my iPad. Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73
Technically Fitbit is an iPhone app. If you search Fitbit and nothing pops up, go to the upper right hand corner of your App Store and you'll see a drop down menu. It should currently say "iPad only" choose iPhone only apps from that menu and Fitbit will show up! That's what I have to do for a few apps on my iPad. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
Sorry edit, upper LEFT HAND CORNER of your screen will say iPad only.
Best Answer
Even though I have the iPhone app, the App Store is not permitting the download to the iPad. It simply won't open when I click the open button. How can this be resolved?
Best Answer

@TiggerRD Welcome to the Community!

For clarification, are you in the iPhone App store? The Fitbit App is technically an iPhone App that also works for the iPad.

Also, are you receiving any kind of error or pop up when you download the Fitbit App?

Lastly, what software version is your iPad running (ie iOS 8.4, iOS 7, etc)? Keep in mind that the Fitbit App is compatible with iOS 7 or later.

Keep me posted!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thank you, jkle...., I finally found the app for my mini!

Best Answer
0 Votes
With the recent update, now the app is able to open on my iPad mini. I made no other changes, so the app update must have finally addressed the issue which occurred just after the last fitbit software update. Glad to finally have this fixed. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can sync to my iphone but my iPad Mini 4 will download the app (for iphones though) but then will not sync.  It shows steps from my last sync with the iphone, but will not ever sync to the Mini 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JayNC If you have your tracker Bluetooth bonded to your phone (required for call notifications), the Bluetooth bond may be preventing you from syncing to a second mobile device. If this is the case, I'd recommend one of the options mentioned here.

Hope this helps you out!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This worked perfectly! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You should just get the iPhone one, I use it and all that bothers me is that there is black edges around it, but that doesn't matter. I live with it. It works fine, I mean I just get this Fitbit a couple days ago, but started using it today. So, I spent alot of time looking for the Fitbit iPad app. I just got the iPhone Fitbit app.

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
If my phone is out of Bluetooth range (far end of the house, in the car, at work, at a different house, etc.) do I need to disable the Bluetooth on the phone in order to sync with a computer or iPad that is within range?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LuvSk8ing182 It depends. If you have a Bluetooth bond between your tracker and one of your mobile devices (which is required for features like call notifications), the Bluetooth bond will prevent your tracker from syncing to a second mobile device.

If this is the case, you will need to disable Bluetooth on your mobile device that is bonded with your tracker in order to sync your tracker to a second mobile device. Click here for more details.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
So, pretty much no syncing on a computer at my cousin's house if I left my paired phone at home.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think that I downloaded the iPhone app onto my mini. Remember to make sure that bluetooth is on and is finding your Fitbit.
Best Answer

I can not find the Fitbit app either. I've tried to find the iphone and ipad version and nothing comes up.

Best Answer

Thank you so much!  I forgot how I got the app on my iPad and had accidently deleted it.  Now I have it back!

Resist much, obey little. ~Walt Whitman
Best Answer

@JenniferThorn  Try this link for downloading the app: Fitbit App

Hope that helps!

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Have had my fitbit app installed on my ipad for months. Today when I went to open it I got an empty page and then it went away. What happened?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is 2016 right? Fitbit is the only app in my life that still thinks iPhone emulation is an ok solution for the iPad. Come on people, recompile the darn thing for iPad. It would take a day.
Best Answer