Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the Fitbit app to download on my iPad Mini.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Why is it I can use Fitbit on my Laptop & my iPhone but can't find the app to download on my iPad mini?
Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

It is in the App Store, but actuallly downloads from iTunes. Good luck!

Moderator edit: personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are a company who provides FitBit devices to our users.  We are also deliver apps through an MDM solution.  We must use the Volume Purchase Program to get the app and then push it to the users, but we cannot get the app through VPP for an iPad because it is not written for iPad.

Correction we have since found a way for this to work with our iPads also.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • God bless you..I found it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

How difficult could it be to modify the UI to do this in portrait?

givrn thr UI is part of the package in using the device, by not having this feature does this diminish the overall value where the device becomes not fit for purpose?

I wonder

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. This worked in no time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked!!! Thank you! It was in the upper left corner though....on my iPad Mini. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have new phone and mini iPad can't find my Fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Canvey....

It took a little research for me but I finally got it on my iPad Mini. I can't recall specifics but what I do recall will probably help (hope so!). There isn't an app specifically made for iPad but somewhere in the App Store you will see a choice for "iPhone only." Essentially what you're going to do is download the iPhone app onto your iPad. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPad 3 - not a mini - and I'm having the same problem.  I don't see a drop-down menu option at all in the upper right-hand corner of my App Store...  Any further suggestions would be appreciated 🙂 !

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi...
I had trouble finding it but played around until I did. It is there somewhere but unfortunately I don't recall where I finally found it. I have a Mini 2 so that should be the same. I'm sorry I'm not more help!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you sync the charge hr to the Fitbit app tho?

Best Answer

It syncs through blue tooth on the fitbit app on your phone. You just have to open the app and have your fitbit nearby, and the data will be transferred. It may take a minute. Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I can’t see the drop down menu at the upper left hand corner .. ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to go to the app store on your iPad Mini. 

Then, do a search for "Fitbit." (do not put anything else in the search box).

Then, you will see dropdowns appear across the top. On the far left, you will see "iPad Only."

If you click on that, select "iPhone Only" and the regular Fitbit app will appear and you can download it from there. 

Hope that clarification works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot find fibit app for my ipad mini4. What is happening? I have an ipad air and i can install fibit app using Google search for fibit app and install it.

Doing the same thing with Google search I can install it but the app does not work as smoothly as on iPad Air. Why that happens?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not really sure why that happens but I think that it's because the app was designed for the iPhone only. That version of it can then be downloaded on the iPad but I think it's more of a "work-around" and therefore the app is limited and will work better from your phone. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer. I'm not an expert at all!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not allowing me to download. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kellifizz. Did you follow the directions above? There really isn’t an app for iPad....just for the iPhone. So, as a workaround, you have to DL the iPhone version on your iPad. I personally never use my iPad for my FitBit. I do it on my phone. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks also I can not download the app on my husband’s iPhone either. It is an iPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hm. Weird. It should be fine. I had it on my iPhone 5s and now on my 7. The only thing I can think is that perhaps both devices are low on memory? I don’t know much so short of that, I have no answers. So sorry! Hope you’re able to resolve the issue! Merry Christmas!

Best Answer
0 Votes