Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the Fitbit app to download on my iPad Mini.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Why is it I can use Fitbit on my Laptop & my iPhone but can't find the app to download on my iPad mini?
Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73
If you have it on your phone, it won’t work on the iPad unless you turn Bluetooth off on your phone. And it is Fitbit for iPhone app that you use

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the IPad mini have to be the cellular model?  We tried syncing my daughter’s Alta to her with the Fitbit app on her iPad mini, and we couldn’t get it to work.  After investigating a bit more, the app said the iPad needed to be a “cellular model.”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i just uninstalled the Fibit App and reinstalled it then most of the time and it would sync again. Goodluck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I got it to work. Someone posted to turn off Bluetooth and download and it worked

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s now 2018. It’s not the best sales pitch for Fitbit when I show my friends your app who have other watches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The iPad does not need to be cellular. You do need the iPhone app (earlier posts explain how to download that to your iPad). Then you need to pair the Fitbit with the bluetooth on the iPad (open the settings>bluetooth on the iPad to do this). Before you try to pair it on the iPad, make sure the Fitbit isn’t paired to the bluetooth on another device (such as a phone). If it is already paired on another device (such as a phone) you can go into that device’s bluetooth settings and click on “forget this device.” Then you can pair the Fitbit with the iPad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning off the bluetooth does work. But when you turn the bluetooth back on, it will remember the Fitbit and will try to pair with it again. If you want your main device to be the iPad, consider deleting the Fitbit app from your phone and/or use “forget this device” in the bluetooth settings on the phone. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

I understand some of you are having trouble syncing your trackers with the iPad app. I would like to thank @Bartleby18 for his latest posts as his explanation is very accurate. Please note that if you are syncing on 2 devices (iPhone and iPad), and receiving Notifications from one of those two, your tracker has already established a Bluetooth link between that specific device and your Fitbit tracker, which you can verify by going to the Bluetooth settings on that device and will make difficult for the other device to sync correctly.

As @Bartleby18 mentioned, when you "forget this device", the connection with the other mobile device will improve but take in consideration that you will no longer receive Notifications. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please send a link cant find the app anywhere for my ipad mini

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your participation in the forums. First of all, I would like to ask you to check if your iPad is listed as a compatible device in order to download the app. If it is, go to the App Store and check on the top left where it says "iPad Only", click on it and you will be able to see the option "iPhone Only". Once you click on it and search for Fitbit, the first result will be the Fitbit app.

IpadApp2.png

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

So when is Fitbit for iPad happening? And I mean natively, not having to hold the iPad in portrait and looking at the text in massive fonts!

Best Answer

all good but it was top left hand side

Thanks it worked

Best Answer

Thank you so much!  Worked great.  I had it on my phone but couldn’t get it on iPad. 

Best Answer

Awesome! I'm so happy to hear that! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This still doesn't answer the question of why there isn't a native app to take advantage of the screen size and rotation. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much. Worked like a charm!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed...  Seems very odd to me that the app is not able to take advantage of the screen size and rotation features of the iPad.  It’s ad-hoc, at best.

Striving to be the person my dog thinks I am.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Solution works perfectly. Thank you

Best Answer
Glad it worked for you!!!

Unfortunately, I no longer have my FitBit. The third one so I'm giving up on
FitBit.

Keep stepping!!
Best Answer

when i went to my ipad i couldnt find thr fitbit app. i also tried to filter it to phone only but then nothing popped up. plz help me

Best Answer
0 Votes