Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t find ‘workout’ as exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

836C699D-BFE0-4FE7-A7C6-29F63AB90E78.png

Hi! So I did a BodyPump session this morning and wanted to log it (as I forgot to log it during the activity) as a workout. My Fitbit shows the option to record a work out, but it can’t find it from the list of activities. I’ve logged out of the app and restarted my phone but that hasn’t helped (also can’t find a similiar thread so apologies if this has already been asked!)...

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@bbstary   If this was the Les Mills BodyPump, then Les Mills Pump is on the iOS list of exercises you can log in the US.  I hope it is on your list.  Les Mills Pump is the only Les Mills workout that I have seen on the list of exercises.  Good luck.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@bbstary -

I suspect the only way to do what you want to do is to start a dummy workout on your device and stop after a few seconds. Then, after syncing to your mobile device, edit the start and stop times to match your actual exercise times.

@LZeeW probably has the magic touch, but I can't find "workout" or "Les Mills Pump" as an option for direct logging of an exercise.

Nor can I find either of the two for recategorizing an existing workout.

Which is interesting, as I can create a "workout" shortcut for my Device as it appears you also have and have actively used it, as I also have.

Another FitBit inconsistency - and the list is growing.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I actually just wanted to log it as a workout - I’ve never been able to find any les mills course as an activity before...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well creating a dummy activity kinda defeats the purpose! I’m sure I was able to manually log a ‘workout’ activity before which is why I asked. If there was at least a list activities that was accessible I could find an equivalent but I can only find ‘weights’ but not ‘strength training’ and its not really the same thing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbstary wrote:

Well creating a dummy activity kinda defeats the purpose! I’m sure I was able to manually log a ‘workout’ activity before which is why I asked. 

Preaching to the choir.

As an Enterprise Computing "guy" for 40 years, I am so glad I live in Southern California where I was when I separated from service instead of Northern California where I was raised. I may have considered FitBit for employment - makes me shiver to think about it.

But what is the difference in creating an exercise log from scratch and editing a freshly created exercise log? Either way, you are filling out a template with the data you want.

Seems to me you have two choices until someone fixes it.

1. Edit
  2. Forget it.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes