Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in on my mobile app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can't log in on my mobile app. Since last Thursday I cannot log in. The error box says "please check your email and password" I have reloaded my fit bit app I have turned my device off and I have changed my password. My new password works at fitbit.com but not on my iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
This is what fixed my login problem: I drove to town where cell service is available and logged in there. I could not login over Wi-Fi. Know that I'm logged in I should be able to sync over my Wi-Fi when I get home. I had forgotten but that is the exact same problem I had a few months ago. It is frustrating that it doesn't work perfectly all the time, but I believe with the new updates that we get sometimes things get screwed up

Karen

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! yes! 

So, today on my way back from the gym, which is like 10 mins away from home and my wifi, i tried to log in using my 3G - my daily attempt for the day. Had no hopes of it working this time after failing everytime, but somehow it did!

This is such a random trick to get it to work, and if someone has an explaination for it, I would be so interested to know.

Back in sync after 8 days. Phew. 

Thanks @KarenRogers 🙂

Best Answer
I am so happy and excited for you! I know how you feel. Life is good again. I recommended this trip to the fitbit team. By the way, I've never gotten my dongle to work with the PC or laptop on Windows 10 (same error you got) but used to work with XP

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hey there @KarenRogers! Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Let me help you out, try rebooting your mobile device then double check that your mobile network is working properly. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Didn't work. Turned off wifi, deleted fitbit app, turned off iPhone, turned back on iPhone, wifi connected automatically, went to fitbit.com and got latest app and downloaded it, then tried to log in and it says to check my email and password. I have checked and rechecked. Exactly the same as when I log onto fitbit.com
Best Answer
Hi, for some reason I can't log into my IOS app. I get the "email or password are incorrect" but yet the same details can log me into Fitbit.com.
I've tried restarting phone, deleting and reinstalling app, resetting the charge hr, charging the charge hr fully, resetting password, setting time to be updated automatically on my iPhone. The only thing that could be causing it is I don't have data roaming on but I do have wifi?? All of the above did not allow me to log into the app.

Can someone please help me (I've read hundreds of posts and none helped).

Thanks
Best Answer

Sailing the same boat here. I logged out and deleeted my app because I been having trouble syncing my data for a week. The activity still does sync inconsistently, but the silent alarms just won't! 

Now that I try logging in my iOS app, it repeatedly asks to check email and password. Repeatedly, even after crosschecking and changing passowrd on web dashboard. 

Please Moderators, help!

Best Answer

There's got to be some concrete reason for why so many of us are facing this issue. I am logged out too, and just cant get past this 'password/email check' thing. true @KarenRogers app deletion and reinstallation and phone on off - nothing's worked. 

This, on top of the syncing issues I am already facing for past week. 😞 

@FitBit @MaginB, please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ive been on the phone with my Fitbit representative from Central America, who is helpful and kind, but isn't solving anything.  She wants me to create a new Fitbit account, which means I will lose everything since 2013.

Also, I am using the dongle on my PC and my laptop with Fitbit Connect which has never worked (and never will?) and she hasn't been able to help me with that either.  The dongle seems to work, the Fitbit Connect app seems to load and run just fine, but I get the message from within Fitbit Connect that it can't connect to the internet, even though I am obviously on the internet.  
Karen Rogers
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KarenRogers I'd recommend making sure that you are on the most current version of the Fitbit iOS App, version 2.22.1. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

If you still can't log in after updating your App, I'd then recommend using the password recovery tool which should help.

@Zimni @Monkeyman83 I've merged your posts into this thread. The password recovery tool mentioned above should help you log back in. If for some reason you still are having trouble logging in, I'd recommend restarting your iOS device, double check that you are either connected to the internet either by WiFi or mobile data, and then log into the App starting from scratch.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spent an hour on the phone with a Fitbit person today and they couldn't help me. What they're offering me is a one time brand-new fit bit charge because our been a loyal customer since 2013, and they can see that or use it every day. I declined their offer because I told them I don't think there's anything wrong with my fit bit I think what I need is help with a software issue.

Ka
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DerrickS, I had already tried the steps you mention twice before I posted here, because it just won't log me in. I restarted phone, reinstalled the app - ver 2.22.1 and then changed passwords on my Mac, where I can still log in and send you these messages, which means that there is possibly some iOS app issue..?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: Spoke to Customer Support and they say it is a known issue and they are working on it.

As an alternative to the mobile login to sync my data, I set up the FitBit Connect on my Mac and use the Wireless Dongle. Set up went fine, and I see the icon on the top right. Yet a new problem arose - When I click on it to 'Sync Now' or 'Open Main Menu', says 'No internet connection found'. My net is working fine otherwise and I can browse and post this message here, but it just won't open the FitBit Connect on Mac.

Any thoughts on this, anyone?

Best Answer
This is what fixed my login problem: I drove to town where cell service is available and logged in there. I could not login over Wi-Fi. Know that I'm logged in I should be able to sync over my Wi-Fi when I get home. I had forgotten but that is the exact same problem I had a few months ago. It is frustrating that it doesn't work perfectly all the time, but I believe with the new updates that we get sometimes things get screwed up

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KarenRogers Lucky you, back in sync with your band! I have tried what you suggested but didn't work for me.

My trouble with Flex continues now crossing a week. Have exhausted every tip and resource listed by the community, Help pages, telephonic Customer support, Email support teams. 

1. Try setting up on another device - Macbook, ipad and another iphone - all fail.

2. Turning off Firewall - did so. Still the "Server is busy".

3. Signed into the computer as administrator. check.

3. Tried through wireless dongle - again "Server is busy".

4. Fitbit version is the latest and so are devices.

5. Turning off wifi and logging in through my mobile 3G - I just get the "check email/password" on all devices.

Please help, Fitbit moderators! @DerrickS @MaginB 

Wearing the band in the blind,

Zimni

Best Answer
0 Votes
Zimmi I am so sorry! I know how you feel. These devices are what keeps our diets in check and walking on track and losing this ability to function is depressing. Before u got mine working u was considering going with another company but Fitbit is the most accurate and best people.

Try again with your iPhone on 3G away from WIFi to log in. It's worked for me twice now and I hope the next time I get an update I remember what worked so I don't have to go through such a hassle.

Ka
Best Answer

Yes! yes! 

So, today on my way back from the gym, which is like 10 mins away from home and my wifi, i tried to log in using my 3G - my daily attempt for the day. Had no hopes of it working this time after failing everytime, but somehow it did!

This is such a random trick to get it to work, and if someone has an explaination for it, I would be so interested to know.

Back in sync after 8 days. Phew. 

Thanks @KarenRogers 🙂

Best Answer
I am so happy and excited for you! I know how you feel. Life is good again. I recommended this trip to the fitbit team. By the way, I've never gotten my dongle to work with the PC or laptop on Windows 10 (same error you got) but used to work with XP
Best Answer

Well that was a long time ago, now in 2022 I'm android all the way and wearing a Versa 3.  No problems!

Best Answer
0 Votes