Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up device, unable to accept Terms of Service on iOS 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I'm using an iPhone6 with iOS 11, and I can't re-add my Flex after removing it to try and solve some syncing issues I was having.

In the app (v2.40 (714)) I click "Account" --> "Set Up A Device" --> select "Flex" --> click "Set Up Your Fitbit Flex", and get to the "Terms of Service and Privacy Policy" screen, where hitting "next" does nothing and I'm dead in the water.

I'm at work, don't have my charger dongle, and would really like for the app to just work. Strange, I know.

thanks!

Mark

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

@Mark00z welcome to the Community. Thanks for checking us out.

We have received a few reports of users unable to accept terms of service on iOS 11. This issue has been escalated to our engineers. Thanks very much for your report. I will continue to update as I receive more information. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was finally able to get it working today through a seemingly random sequence of resetting my Flex, rebooting my phone, and turning Bluetooth on and off.

One thing that let me accept the terms of service was going into the iPhone app with Bluetooth turned off, and it would tell me I had to turn it on to proceed...and when I turned it on and came back it would let me hit "next". Odd, but hey, whatever works.

Hope others are able to get theirs resolved as well!

Best Answer

Mine isn’t letting me accept the terms. Very frustrated. What am I supposed to do?

Best Answer

Same is happening for me very frustrating 

Best Answer

All you have to do is make sure your Bluetooth is on and it will work. I sat for 20 minutes trying to figure out what the problem was and decided to try that and it worked immediately 

Best Answer
My daughter literally just fixed issue about an hour ago lol

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’m a new user of the fitbit charge 2 and can’t get agree to the terms whilst trying to set up my new device. Is the problem solved yet? 

Best Answer

Hi, I’m a new user of the fitbit charge 2 and can’t get agree to the terms whilst trying to set up my new device. Is the problem solved yet?

Best Answer

I just got a Fitbit Flex 2 and am disappointed that this iOS 11 issue is still not fixed. It has been almost two weeks since the first person to realize the promblem and post something on the Fitbit webiste. Please respond to us who have not heard from you about this issue. It doesn't allow us to pair our phones and our Fitbits to track walking and excersing and I do not see another way to do that on the website. If there was another way to do it on the website, I do not believe this would be as big of a deal.

Sincerly,
Just starting out this workout thing

Best Answer

I talked to a customer service representative about this same issue. He had me turn Bluetooth off on my phone, then turn my phone completely off, and start it back up again. When you’re phone boots back up, turn your Bluetooth back on. It worked for me! I hope it solves the problem for you guys.

Best Answer

This is what solved the issue for me. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Enabled Bluetooth to fix issue.

Best Answer

try switching on your bluetooth it really helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure your blue tooth is on. Per other poster I tried it and it let me through immediately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I was also having an issue accepting the T&Cs. I turned Bluetooth on and went thru the set up again. Worked like a charm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Enable blueooth on your phone 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit wasn’t synching, so I went to uninstall and reinstall and now it won’t let me accept terms and conditions. Tried the Bluetooth thing and it didn’t work for me. ARRRGGGHHH!  What’s the point of walking if I’m not getting steps??? 😂

Best Answer

May i know has the problem been resolved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue as well. Really bad experience for a relatively expensive product. It is, at this point, unusable.

Best Answer