Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Fitbit app track 1000 miles for the year?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can the Fitbit app track 1000 miles for the year?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Lucy2018

Your Fitbit will track as many miles as you want and never stop. 

It's really an amazing device. 

Which product do you have, I can attach more information on here for you to view. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lucy2018 - 

I truly don't see why not. If it can show me on the main web dashboard with over 1,000 "lifetime" miles, it can deal with 1,000 miles in a year.

And remember, most of your stats reside on the Fitbit servers, with summary data being stored and displayed on your phone. Do you sometimes see a "wheel" spinning next to your wifi or 4G symbol on your phone? That is the data transfer active symbol.

Touch the main steps icon on the dashboard. As you know, that will take you to the daily step recap. Press on a previous date and watch the data transfer wheel. Did it turn? If so, that means the app got details for that day from the Fitbit servers.

The same thing happens when you scroll down in the daily list. The app only preloads a fixed number of days prior to those shown so it can keep up with you and will keep on getting more as you "scroll back in time" until you reach your first day in "Fitbit Land".

Any particular spot in the app you are concerned about displaying 1,000 miles? Because I don't recall seeing anywhere in the app where it would be doing that. The yearly chart for miles shows daily average for each of the 12 months and the same for weeks in the 1-month and 3-month charts.

If I have mis-understood your post, give us a little more information and at least one of us will try to help.

Either way, welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes