Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we see macro-nutrients in grams additional to percentages?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I know people have been wanting to track macros in the Fitbit app for AGES and I myself use a separate app to track macros and manually enter in a calorie count at the end of the day.

the new update almost helped me be able to finally Jump ship to the Fitbit app alone, but alas, it doesn't cater to what it is people who track macros actually care about. actually seeing how many grams for each macro next to the percentages matters because that is what a lot of people including myself are focusing on! (Also dietary fiber could be nice to see how much you e had that day, this is vital to fitness fitbit nutrition wise) you are so close to making yourself a great all in one app, why stop just short of actually providing the easy small additions to make it happen. So much focus on added features that don't really matter like these important things do. There's a reason why people use other apps to track macros, you are aoooo close

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject./ Format.

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

MrMarv,

I have noticed this for specific foods in the past, but at the end of the day, there are no "unrecognized calories". The issue is comparing the app data with the online dashboard data. All the information is completely identical except the percentage of carbs and fats (protein is also identical).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really need this too!!! I have a whole community of Keto diet followers who need the same feature in order to track their macro levels effectively. Percentages give a nice ballpark figure but grams are required in addition to this by those who follow strict diets. Please make sure that grams is in addition to percentages and not instead of. 

Also, I live in India and would love it if the food log grows bigger to include more dishes from this region. It is cumbersome to create them manually.

Keep up the great work and thanks for this awesome app!

Best Answer

I's add if you go to the dashboard food log to view daily carbs be aware that they do not indicate net carbs from total carb counts. If you're Keto, that's critical!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed that as well. I commented on the article but no response

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I track food and exercise on the app but I have started to explore other food apps just so I can see my macros in grams. However, if I do that, then the other app doesnt have my calories burned from my swim laps. Please add this feature. Actually, the narrative said grams were an option. I began this internet search to see how to get that value. If it is now a feature, please make selection easier to identify. Thank you for listening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nostoppin. thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to provide us your feedback and insight about this feature. Please note that even when it's not possible to see macro-nutrients in grams inside the Fitbit app, you can check them by going to the Food section of the online Dashboard. You will be able to see a distribution in grams of your macro-nutrients for the day:

MacrosGrams.PNG

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

In desperate need of this! 

Thanks, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sariann_, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. At this moment, our team does not have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I add my vote to this request for macronutrients in GRAMS as well as percentages in the iOS app. Please work on developing this!   I have diabetes(type 2) and need to keep count of total carbs to get a good report of my day. Fitbit is an awesome total health & fitness tracker on every other account, and this feature would make it 100% helpful!

Best Answer

Hello @TerriLeeNC, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and taking the time to provide your feedback about this suggested idea. I understand how important for you is to have this feature implemented but at this moment this depends on our development team. If they notice an increasing demand on this idea, they might consider it. Please note that this does not mean the feature will or will not be implemented. 

Thanks again for your feedback, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

What happened to the macros in grams on the website dashboard through the internet?

Best Answer

I'm SUPER dependent knowing my macronutriant GRAMS. It just disappeared. Percentages are nice but they don't help pinpoint. Could you please bring back the daily macro grams feature? 

Thank you!! 

Best Answer

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GRAMS? The dashboard used to be set up perfectly for me online and broke down the nutrients for my meals/snacks for the day so I can see where the majority of my nutrients were, where it's lacking, etc. The percentages are useless to me. What happened??

Best Answer

Not anymore, they used to have this feature... as in last week, but as of today I can no longer see a breakdown of macros in grams on the desktop app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been on the fence of selling my Fitbit and just getting an apple watch and honestly I feel like they're just pushing me towards it. Need my grams, need Spotify, would like to be able to respond to texts, etc etc....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess I'll be headed over to myfitnesspal and juggle two apps now... what a disappointment.  Does anyone know if the apple watch has a good fitness tracker?  Tempted to switch, the 3's are on sale for only $79 more than the current Charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, am upset since the desktop log has changed, having now removed the totals for sodium. I am on a sodium restricted diet, so this data is extremely important for my health. Seems unfair to arbitrarily remove some important information without notice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation and for sharing this situation with us. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot of what you're able to see on your Daily Totals in the Food Section of the online Dashboard? This will be very helpful for me to check this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently there may have been a glitch with the food log yesterday. Today, I am able to view my daily totals. So it seems to be working again.

Best Answer

Hello @Pismo311, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know you are now able to see your daily totals. Please note that our team reverted the changes made in the Food Section of the online Dashboard for the time being. 

Thanks for sharing this information with us, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes