Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we see macro-nutrients in grams additional to percentages?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I know people have been wanting to track macros in the Fitbit app for AGES and I myself use a separate app to track macros and manually enter in a calorie count at the end of the day.

the new update almost helped me be able to finally Jump ship to the Fitbit app alone, but alas, it doesn't cater to what it is people who track macros actually care about. actually seeing how many grams for each macro next to the percentages matters because that is what a lot of people including myself are focusing on! (Also dietary fiber could be nice to see how much you e had that day, this is vital to fitness fitbit nutrition wise) you are so close to making yourself a great all in one app, why stop just short of actually providing the easy small additions to make it happen. So much focus on added features that don't really matter like these important things do. There's a reason why people use other apps to track macros, you are aoooo close

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject./ Format.

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

Yes! This!! I need to know grams as well as percentages AND fiber would be awesome!!! Put this at the top of the list for improvements. 

Best Answer

It will be very helpful once the macro nutrients are on the dashboard. Yes, if one takes the time to log in the macro nutrients are visible but the concept of a dashboard is quick review. If someone is in line making a food choice they can quickly see how many carbs or proteins are available or required.We need proactive knowledge not reactive to make the healthiest choices. I continue to advocate to discover a way to make this available. The need has been established by multiple requests by different users and users abandoning this product for others who offer what we need. Thank you.

Best Answer

Hello @Nostoppin and @Gymratmom, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for voicing your feedback. As mentioned earlier, we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers; however, at this moment, our team does not have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's unfortunate and paying for Premium plan may not be worthwhile.

That being said, I have a new problem with the Fitbit app, unrelated to my Versa. I have been using the app for 18 months and this is not a user error. After downloading the latest Fitbit app update last week, when I enter food, sometimes the calories (and related data) are wrong. So trying to correct the info, the app won't allow a deletion, unless I change when the item was eaten. Last, when reviewing my average weekly calorie consumption, I noticed my average for yesterday, Sunday, is 1978 calories, while Sunday's total was 1843. My total today is 1858. This is a huge issue and needs fixing immediately. As stated, I am an experienced user and the app is the issue. I'm quickly losing confidence in the usability of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pismo311, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know about this issue. Please note that our team is aware of the issue you're reporting and isworking to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also looking for the grams feature. I am using MyFitnessPal but don't like how the info passed to fit it as "meal 1" etc. 

I started logging into Fitbit app and macros percentage is nice but if I need to know how many grams of protein I need to eat to bump up my percentage there is no easy way of doing that . All they need to do is display macro % x total calorie count / number of calories per gram .

So if protein is 20% and total current calories is 1000 then that would be .20 x 1000 = 200. Protein has 4 calories per gram so 200/4 = 50 grams. Not hard .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amartins02, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've taken the time to share your insight and feedback about this situation.

I understand your concern about not being able to see macros in grams in the app. At this moment, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, our team will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. In the meantime, please check the macros in grams in the Food Section of the online Dashboard. 

Thanks for your understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The ability to click on a meal and see details of it.

I'm a diabetic who also works out and tracks macros.

currently having to use myfitnesspal to log meals and fitbit are annoying. If could click on all the items in a consolidated "Lunch" or "Dinner" and see more than just the calories but that my lunch was 54g of protein, 85g of carbs and 12g of fat would be VERY helpful for working out but also for diabetes to help calculate insulin. 

UPDATE:

I noticed your website is doing this exactly as I'm looking for. Is this an indication that it's coming to the app? that would be life-changing. Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 4.40.07 PM.png

if you're pulling this info in already, why hide it from the user?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @r0ssr0ss, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and have provided your insight about this situation. Please note that even when it's possible to see macros in grams in the Food Section of the online Dashboard, it's not possible to see them in the Fitbit app. As mentioned earlier, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature in the Fitbit app. 

I understand your concern and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you, if anything changes, we'll make sure to let you all know through the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does it not have any pans on adding this feature in the app. These posts have been going on for more then a year, isn't that reason enough to add it in the app...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah. Makes total sense to try and take fitness, sleep and food all in one
app. And it's not like they don't have the data already?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Completely agree with PickNick's post. So confused on this subject. It's such an easy fix too. Boggles my mind lol... 

Best Answer
I think it's because this is a feature of one of their paid services
therefore they don't want to include it.

Here's how I'm dealing with it.

Go to your food log in the Fitbit website. When you're on your page that
shows the macros create a shortcut onto your phones homepage. Then place
that icon right next to the Fitbit app icon.

When I see the percentages in the Fitbit app but want to see the actual
numbers I then go back and click the shortcut to the website. Kinda sucks
but it's a workaround.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm fine to pay for the service. I'm paying for MyFitnessPal now. I'd
gladly switch but they don't offer it as a service.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I paid for myfitnesspal.

What I don't like is that if you log on MFP it carries over the food as
Meal 1 or dinner as one lump item into Fitbit. I like to see the food
broken out by item so I can see how a particular item contributes the the
overall calorie count.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is why Fitbit should just handle the data in their own.
Best Answer
0 Votes

And also, I bought there fitbit watch for 200 dollars, I would assume it would include "paid services" like macro counting which is extremely important when someone is on a strict diet or trying to reach a certain health goal. Its a basic need

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and I understand your concern about this feature not being added in the foreseeable future. Please note that our team has taken this decision for the time being they have left this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit -

Wow - over a thousand votes and y'all are shining it on.

No chance for this suggestion then, which, ego aside, provides even more information:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Dynamic-retrieval-and-display-of-all-daily-nutri...

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually have a post where I mocked up how they can fix it. I did the work for them. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Change-food-entry-to-make-it-MUCH-better/m-p/3111456

Best Answer