Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change email address "Invalid email address" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to move my fitbit Charge 2 to my prefered email address which was tied to my old fitbit.  Since it was already used, I had to delete it from the old fitbit.  So I archived the old data (for some unknown reason), deleted the old account and waited the prescribed 6 days.  Then went back to the ios app and tried to once again tried to change the email address.  Now getting "Invalid email address" message.  Very frustrating for something that should be simple to get done.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

FIXED!!!

I just tried to change to the new email today and it worked.  I will assume that the fitbit server was blocking my email ID until sufficient time had passed.

Thanks for your help.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @POUser.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that you can't change the email address associated with your Fitbit account. I am sorry that you are going through this situation and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for providing the additional details, I am here to help.

I recommend confirming if you've followed these steps to delete your old account: How do I delete my Fitbit account? Please note that if you log into your account during the 7 day period when your account is frozen, the deletion process stops and the account is reinstated. 

You can confirm the steps to change your email address associated with your Fitbit account at How do I update the email address associated with my Fitbit account?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the refresher.  Please understand, from my perspective, this should be a 5 minute effort to make this change.  For some reason, I am spending more time on this than on my family.

As I mentioned, I had to log on to fitbit.com with my "old" email ID/PW in order to try to delete the email address.  I no longer have the old fitbit fob that caused me to create that account as it was lost or stolen.
I requested all the historical data associated with this old fob and fitbit sent me a zip file.  Lots of stuff, but I have no idea what to do with it yet.  That's for later.
I then requested the account be deleted (hence email address be deleted) from the fitbit.com site.  The site you referenced states things take a long time in fitbit world and maybe I haven't waited the prescribed 9 months for this thing to gestate.
Within 30-90 days: Most of your personal account info is deleted within 30 days of when you confirm your deletion request. This includes any subscriptions you have, like for Fitbit Coach. It may take up to 90 days to delete all of your personal info, like the data recorded by your Fitbit device and other data stored in our backup systems. This is due to the size and complexity of the systems we use to store data.
I'll wait a little while longer and then try again.  Just getting tired of typing my email address so many times only to have it fail again. 

Here's the failure message I'm receiving:
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @POUser, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.
Best Answer

Hi @POUser, thank you for your response.

I appreciate your feedback. I know our Support team will do their best to help you, please wait for an email from them with further instructions. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FIXED!!!

I just tried to change to the new email today and it worked.  I will assume that the fitbit server was blocking my email ID until sufficient time had passed.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Thank you for your response, @POUser.

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved now. Thank you for posting the update here. I appreciate your time and feedback. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes