Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardio fitness score suddenly dropped

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a religious user of my fitbit charge 2, and I noticed recently that my cardio fitness score had dropped like 6-8 points. 

I have been frustrated with my score because it has not changed in the several months since I first set it. Now, it's even telling me you go on a 10 minute run to set my score like it did when  first bought my device. 

My theory is that the app has trouble calculating my score because my workouts are typically playing pick-up basketball or taking fitness classes - I rarely go on runs that I track with GPS.  Improving my cardio score has been a goal, but not seeing any changes, then seeing it abruptly drop, has been frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

This worked for me too! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. That fixed the problem for me. I went from 46 - Excellent, to 17 - Poor, and it's been like that for 2 months. I just read this comment, looked through my activities, deleted two runs that I did on a treadmill in that time period that I had labelled a "run" (so ya, didn't appear to move anywhere), and my score went right back up to 46!

Best Answer

I deleted my run from the exercise tracker and then added it manually-cardio score went back up 10 points!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lukenlucy , @sandieb77 @Notfrench so glad this worked for you!  Please keep us updated with your progress.  Your  experience might help others in the Get moving forum.  Hope to see you there,

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me thanks just deleted run back to normal 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems similar to my issue, I had been regularly cycling for an hour, 5 times a day and had excellent cardio health (56-ish). Now in the last week or two I’ve been moving house.  Lots of excessive but no real sessions for Fitbit to identify.  Now when I look I see my score has plummeted to Good (about 40). Though my weight is slightly lower and my heart rate also lower (down to 57 resting).

it’s a bit concerning but hopefully will return once I can start cycling again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried changing any recent runs to treadmill runs but this does not seem to be an option.  I don’t want to loose the exercise from the record (days of exercise a week) but want to get the cardio health back.  

Can someone please tell me “How many days/weeks before the system stops counting the runs and messing up its own data?”

or failing that what can I set the run to to keep the exercise record without this screwup?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 4 has suddenly dropped my cardio fitness score from 44 to 34 overnight! 

Best Answer

Mine too! I was 39 - 41 and it dropped to 27??? WTH? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought it was because I'd set it to treadmill when I was doing a walking workout and it thought I was a slow runner but I've stopped doing that and it hasn't reverted to my previous score so I've no idea what's going on! The inaccuracy of the HR is starting to be really irritating. I'm so disappointed in FitBit now - I've got a Sense gathering dust in a drawer as it's so inaccurate I can't use it. An expensive bit of kit that's unusable and it's still for sale! Let's hope there's a fix soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to delete the activity that you recorded in the "wrong" setting.,
i.e., if you ran on a treadmill and set it as a "run" instead of
"treadmill" you actually have to go in and delete that activity in order to
fix the wrong numbers from displaying.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was a while ago now @Summertime  If I do that I'll lose the steps and I'd set myself a target of doing over 10,000 everyday for the rest of the year after recovering from an illness in September. I know I have done them but I want to keep that record on my data. I'm just peeved that the HR tracking seems to have gone to pot this year - I've had a Fitbit since 2014 and so the difference is glaringly obvious. Maybe it's time to jump ship. Such a shame.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thankyou, now done.
Best Answer

Thank you! I accidentally just did an endurance treadmill run with lots of hills and accidentally set my watch on run not treadmill. My score dropped from 39 to 29. 

any idea on how to correct this? I deleted the run from my exercise log but stil showing as 29 😕

how long will it take to get back to normal or more accurate again?

Best Answer
0 Votes
After you delete it, give it 24 hours and it'll reset your score.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It has to sync with the system, analyze the data and reset the score after you've deleted it. Give it up to 24 hours and you should be fine! (Been there, done that!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if you aren’t a runner? I’m 68 with bad knees and i do not run anymore. Probably why my knees are so bad from pounding the pavement. I mostly ride a bicycle and walk the dog. When i do ride i do at least 10 miles. I have been incorporating yoga a floor exercises but now my score has dropped. Im doing more and get a leaser reward. I wish i could just remove this from the app. Im in excellent shape for a woman my age so that’s encouraging…but now its going down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Depressing right..,,

Best Answer
0 Votes