Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive text notifications on Charge 2.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone help me.

I am unable to get any notifications on my Charge 2 when I get a text, it doesn't even vibrate.

My phone call notifications come through, just nothing for text messages.

It's set up for Sender and Mesage. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If your tracker is having trouble receiving Notifications, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications.
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in Notification Center.

If this is already enabled, make sure "Do Not Disturb" is disabled on your phone and tracker. On your tracker hold down the button for 2 seconds while on the clock face. A message and a vibration will let you know if Notifications have been turned on or off. 

Finally, if your tracker is still not receiving notifications, let's reset them by following these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Go to the Fitbit app, tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and enable them once again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you so much. It's all working now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i have tried to do the instruction but still no text notification from my iPhone7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jojie, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy Thanks for taking the time to reply @SunsetRunner, I'm glad your issue has now been resolved. 

@Jojie, which tracker are you currently using? Which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? If you have tried all the steps listed in my previous post I would like to suggest you to restart your tracker. Then, go to the Fitbit app > Account > Your Tracker > Notifications, then disable the notifications here. Afterwards, force-close the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app, open the app again and enable notifications. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moderator, my Charge 2 vibrated to notify me of text messages (along with other alerts) until a few weeks ago, then inexplicably stopped. I still get vibration alerts for alarms and phone calls, but nothing for texts. I have tried every suggestion you have listed on this thread to no avail. This is a critical feature for me. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @WindyB, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Have you restarted your tracker lately? If so, let's try adding your Charge 2 as a new device in your account to fully reset the connection between the tracker and the phone. Don't worry, none of the information previously stored in your account will be deleted.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

After that, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNotificationSettings.jpg

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit, thank you for your reply. I have carefully followed the steps you described and it has not helped. I still receive notifications for phone calls (although usually not until the last couple of seconds when it is too late to answer, but I can live with that), for alarms and alerts, but not incoming text messages. I have double-checked both my Charge 2 and my phone app to make sure notifications are ON. What else can you recommend?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @WindyB, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have tried all the troubleshooting steps I provided. At this moment I'll forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at it. Once I have more information to share about this issue, I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, in the meantime, please update the Fitbit app and let me know if anything changes and if you need anything else, feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit, it has been six weeks now with no improvement and no further information forthcoming from you or the Fitbit team. I have continued to reboot, reinstall, you name it, with no result. The device still vibrates for every notification EXCEPT text messages. This is extremely frustrating. Also, at least once a week my Fitbit app will say the Charge 2 cannot sync because my iPhone's bluetooth is turned off. I check the settings and not only is the bluetooth feature ON, but it says the Charge 2 is connected. This morning I had to reboot both the phone and the Fitbit, then remove the Charge 2 and set it up again as new just to get it to recognize the sync. Please help. It sounds like my device has gone defective. What are my next steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @WindyB, it's always nice to see you around, thanks for coming back. Smiley Happy

I appreciate the time that you took to perform the troubleshooting steps provided so far. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. 

Please let me know if there's anything we may do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit - Hi, I ended up returning my Fitbit to Costco since it was only 6 months old and they replaced it with a new one. I panicked at first because it still was not receiving notifications for text messages, but then I discovered that those buttons you described above were disabled in the process of adding the new device. An email from your tech support team pointed me back to the "show in history" button and once I re-enabled it, the issue was resolved. The "show on lock screen" buttons are not relevant - it is the "show in history" that is key. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @WindyB, I appreciate you have kept me updated about your situation. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad you were able to get a new tracker and that is now receiving Notifications. I appreciate your insight about this issue and I'm sure it will be very helpful for many users facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes