Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 is unable to sync with the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge2 does not sync to my Fitbit app! Is there a way to fix this myself? I can’t earn badges! That’s one thing but my totals don’t look good enough to share. I was over 14,000 steps a couple of days ago, and my app showed 7,000, I think it was! Disappointing! Hope you can help. Many thanks!😊

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @pamelao1012, because you posted twice asking the same question, put your two posts together.

In order to answer your question we will probably need more information, for example what phone you are using and whether your Charge 2 usually syncs.

As a first troubleshooting step I would recommend giving your Charge 2 a restart.  That can solve many problems.  Let us know how it goes.  There is always someone here ro help.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

A phone restart should also be tried .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, will try that Now! Many thanks! 😊🙏

Get Outlook for iOS

UPDATE:

Tried turning off my phone. No go! Two options down! Will call Fitbit asap. Many thanks for your input. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pamelao1012, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for all your help @Rich_Laue and @Julia_G, I really appreciate it. 

@pamelao1012, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I understand you have tried to restart your Charge 2 already and this did not resolve your issue. At this moment I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Please keep in mind that Fitbit devices can store up to 7 days of detailed information and 30 days of general information, which means that your steps will still be synced to the app in case the tracker hasn't been able to sync in a couple of days. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Answered today, finally, on the Health group. (Sorry, I was concerned about not having enough data for the rest of the month). I have an iPhone 7Plus. It synced Perfectly for over one year and then went Poof around July 20. I turned it off completely. Still No go! PamelaO. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pamelao1012, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device. This will reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Marco,

Many many thanks for your help! Will give your advice my best effort. And get back to you asap. 😊 PamelaO

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes