Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not pairing, stuck on "Connecting"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR 2 will not finish connecting. It just gets stuck on the same "Connecting.." screen and then times out and has an error. 

I have followed all Trouble shooting, turning wifi off and on, restarting fitbit, restarting phone. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app. I have tried on my ipad and still getting the same thing, after troubleshooting. Please help

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Thank you for all the tips.i have tried all you recommended. Uninstalled tje fitbit app and restarted the phone, fitbit and bluetooth at settings many times.. It is stuck at pairing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried pairing it with a computer? When you do, make sure your Fitbit is full charged, but also plugged into the cable and wall plug. Also make sure your Fitbit is as close to the computer dongle as possible, touching if you can.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It paired with my computer but not my phone

UPDATE:

Tx for the reply. My computer paired with Charge 2.but seems as if my phone Samsung 6 does not see it. It gets stuck at pairing.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem with my pixel 2. I synced with my computer, then did a factory reset and re-paired with my phone. At first it wouldn't pair. I did a bunch of softs resets of the Fitbit and eventually it worked with for no rhyme or reason. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jabbronies and @Isabelle5, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. @jabbronies, thanks for letting us know your tracker is now working, I'm very glad. 

@Isabelle5, please note that if you have already paired your Charge 2 with your computer, you will not need to set it up again on your phone, once you open the Fitbit app, your tracker will already show up and you should be able to sync it. Now, if you're still having trouble, please check our Android board with more information that will be very helpful for issues related to your Samsung phone. 

Thanks for keeping our boards organized, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have been having problems for the past couple of days now that my fitbit won't connect to my phone I have had the same problem in the past but I resolved fine but this time it's not working. When it is connected it is having problems synchronising my data from my fitbit to the app on my phone it will take a long time and when it won't do anything. I would be grateful for the help to resolve these issues as i don't want to buy a new fitbit and I don't want to lose my steps that i have already done I need them for a competition that I am doing with work and I fine tracking other things are really useful as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CJsummer23 thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to restart your Fitbit device and your phone, then try to sync again. If your device is not syncing correctly, please try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Give this a try and let us know in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi team,

My Fitbit charge 2 still doesn't connect to my Asus ZenFone 5z...☹️☹️. I
know it's not an compatible device but I saw some posts where ppl are able
to connect...🤔

Kindly look into this asap...

Thanks again! Have a great time ahead.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with the alta HR. Some months ago worked perfectly but now I always get stuck on "connecting". I have uninstalled the app, reset alta hr, turn off bluetooth... Nothing happens help

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those who may visit this thread in the future with similar pairing issues ...

If your Charge 2 tracker keeps failing to pair back after entering the PIN and nothing else listed above works then please check if the fix shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRWh3d3wrYc helps !!!

In short, assuming that the pairing is failing due to an incompatible android version (due to android updates), the goal is to ...

1. First, try to pair your tracker with your account in Fitbit app on some other mobile with compatible android version.

2. If pairing is successful then sync the tracker and the app on the same mobile.

3. Once syncing is done, unpair your tracker from the Fitbit app.

4. Now try to pair your tracker with Fitbit app on your original mobile and see if it works.

Please watch this video for one of the ways to fix the issue of your Fitbit Charge 2 not getting paired back to Fitbit android app after unpairing it. One of the reasons that may result in this pairing issue is that your Charge 2 tracker ran out of battery and was dead for quite some time before ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me.  Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked!!! On a Mac as well. Thank you very much Mike.

Best Answer
0 Votes