Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing correctly, needs the phone to be restarted.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have called support several times and am frustrated! Is my Charge 2 broken? I have to restart my iPhone 6s almost daily to get it to sync with my tracker. No recommended fixes have worked, including the painstaking verbal telephone guidance through my home computer set up.

Does this happen to others? How do I know if I should request a replacement tracker?!😕

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Summerliz17, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

If your Charge 2 is not syncing correctly and you have already tried several troubleshooting steps, it will be very helpful for me knowing which steps you have tried so far so we can determine what to do next. I understand you have come in contact with our Support Team and would like to know exactly what you've done with them to try to fix this issue. 

In the meantime, I would like to suggest you to restart your tracker if you haven't done it yet. Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

It happens to me. I need to reset my iPhone many times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's happening to a number of other people. The app is not recognizing the device and you'll get a repeated "looking" message. 

This is extremely frustrating to me as I get points and insurance benefits based on daily steps. This is not just a playtoy. There's a financial aspect to this failure, and the company has known about this issues for 3 weeks and nothing has been done. At the very least, they could roll back the changes and allow people to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you,
It is very frustrating.
I just got my Fitbit and I am not very impressed.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Margo,
With telephone guidance on a couple of occasions I restarted the tracker numerous times (plug in, hold button 4 seconds etc), messed with Bluetooth on, off, disconnect, etc, turned off/on numerous settings on my iPhone 6s, opened the app on my desktop computer to restart (pink box) from there but that didn't work, and ultimately restarted/powered off my iPhone.

The only thing that gets my charge 2 to sync (it freezes 1/2 way across in the app about every 36 hours) is to restart my iPhone. Since my phone cost about 6x the price of my Fitbit I am concerned about this practice, obviously.

I just do not know if the charge 2 is faulty and should I ask for a replacement?

Thank you, Liz

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have this same problem with my Pixel 2 XL. It's aggravating to have to restart my phone just to get my FitBit to sync. This bug needs to be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Flaeor, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please note that many Android phones, like the Google Pixel 2 have all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but are currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that we have not tested it for compatibility and added it to the list yet. For the time being, we don't have an specific date or time-frame of when is going they will be listed as compatible. 

While these devices has all the specifications to be compatible and are currently working with the Fitbit app, it's possible to come across some issues along the way. I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to post your inquiries in the Android board, this will help keep our Forums organized as this board is specifically for iOS devices.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
The Google Pixel 2 XL is one of the most popular Android phones on the
market since it has released last October 2017. "Currently working with the
Fitbit app" is false, since I'm telling you that it is not performing its
primary function correctly, syncing its data with the phone. This is not
just a problem with this phone either, since I see other Android and iOS
devices that have the exact same issue. Please inform your supervisor to
make this a higher priority, as there are countless versions of this post
throughout your forums, and asking users to restart their phone every time
they want to sync their Fitbit data is not a solution. This is a severe
defect. Your competitors' devices sync properly; yours should, too.
Thank you,
Flaeor
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Flaeor, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums, thanks for coming back and provide your feedback and insight about the situation currently happening with the Pixel 2. We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and as soon we have more information about the compatibility of the Pixel 2, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums, under the Android board.

If would like to share anything else, please refer to that board, this will help keep our Forums organized as this board is specifically for devices running on iOS. (iPhone, iPad)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes