Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not getting notifications since iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the latest IOS update 2 days ago I have not gotten any of my notifications. I have tried rebooting the tracker, going into settings and "Forget this device" under Bluetooth. I have also tried shutting down my phone for a few minutes then turning it back on. Please I need help with this. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome back to the Fitbit Community, @CamMak222. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that you don't receive any notifications since the latest iOS update. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help.

Please press and hold the button for 2 seconds to quickly access notifications and other options. Make sure Notifications are turned on. It’s also important that you carefully review and update your notifications settings on your iPhone. You can confirm all instructions in Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhones.

Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to assist you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, I still am not receiving any notifications on my fitbit, and now I have lines along the top of it.  I am at the point where I want to stop using the products as they don't work or customer service doesn't know how to fix the issue.  My Charge 3 is now just a watch that tracks my sleep and steps that I paid a lot of money for, if there is an update that has taken place to fix this issue since May please let me know.

My son is also having issues with his Alta not charging.  I have tried several outlets in my home and our computer.  I have also cleaned the ports and still nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had similar problems. I had to do the following;

1. Make sure under Phone Settings that the FitBit app has NOTIFICATIONS set. On my iPhone to turn on (Go to Fitbit -> Settings-> Notifications
  2. Also, make sure Show Previews is on as default.
  3. Then go to the FitBit App on the phone itself, go to Account->Notifcations and choose what notification you want (Calls,Text Messages, Calender Events)
  4. Sometimes despite 1-3 above it may not work so go to the Internet and log in and do same. Make sure your phone is connected to WiFi so that it too may update the phone and watch. Also check that your fitbit is synched via Bluetooth so your phone can communicate to the watch.

A first and quick check is to open the Fitbit app on your phone and to see if your watch is able to record your heartbeat in realtime and also show what heart rate zone you are in. This shows the Phone App and Watch are communicating. Get this working first and make sure that the watch is connected via bluetooth on the phone and that your phone is connected to the internet via its WiFi.

Hope this helps?

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @CamMak222. It's nice to see you again in our Community Forums, @GDiana.

@GDiana I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the steps which helped you resolve the similar issue with notifications. Thank you for your time and efforts to help other users. 

@CamMak222 I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing issue with notifications and your tracker is showing lines on the screen. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling. I recommend trying the tips suggested by @GDiana and follow these steps to resolve the issue with lines on screen:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Long restart:  
  • Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Regarding the issue with your son's Fitbit Alta not charging, I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and recommend following the complete troubleshooting instructions at Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally figured it out. On your Fitbit watch you will need to turn off “Do not Disturb” and “Sleep Mode”

On your Fitbit Watch:

1. Go to Settings 

2. Scroll to Do Not Disturb & select off

3. then scroll to Sleep Mode & select off

Once this is done you will start getting the vibrations from calls and texts. This will not affect your alarm settings. The alarm will still alert you & vibrate. 

Best Answer

Hi @Kat-Rose20, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your solution. I am sure this information will be helpful to other users. I appreciate your time and efforts.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer

Thank you everyone for your help.  I have tried your suggestions and still nothing is working.  I still don't get any notifications and I still have the lines on my screen.  I'm going to reach out to tech support again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does not show my texts messages either and I’ve contacted support and all’s I got from them was they know and as soon as there is an update to it we will let you know . I’ve done everything everyone has said in the group and still nothing works on my end either . Very frustrating for the amount of mi way I paid for the charge 3.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Sunpit. Thank you for your reply, @CamMak222.

@CamMak222 I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.  

@Sunpit Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I am sure our Support team tried to help you in the best possible manner as each case is reviewed individually. Since you've been working with our Support team regarding this issue, I recommend to keep working with them as they have access to your case details. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes