Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 unable to sync with iPhone/iPad.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Charge 3 on Saturday and set it up. It was working fine syncing with my iPhone 6 and my iPad. I was receiving notification. Since yesterday it’s only syncing when I open the app but loses connection. I have tried switching of the phone off and on again, removing the app and reinstalling. I have also tried removing the Fitbit and reinstalling it, holding the button for 8 seconds whilst connected to the charger until there’s a smiley face and rebooting. Nothing has worked. Anyone able to help?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @LindaR19, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Odyssey13, thanks for keeping our boards organized. Smiley Happy

@LindaR19, I appreciate you've taken the time to share your experience and let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment, if your Charge 3 is not syncing with your devices, I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and iPad and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. After that, please try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello and welcome to the forums @LindaR19

Your post was moved to the iOS area of the forum so you can get more relevant responses.

Let's hope you can get going soon.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LindaR19, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Odyssey13, thanks for keeping our boards organized. Smiley Happy

@LindaR19, I appreciate you've taken the time to share your experience and let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment, if your Charge 3 is not syncing with your devices, I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and iPad and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. After that, please try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

It started syncing again after I removed as a connected device on Bluetooth and reconnected it.

Thanks for the help.

Best Answer

I have my Charge 3 synced to both my ipad and Iphone, which are with me all day.   I have trouble syncing the Charge 3, and I'm beginning to wonder if having it synced to both can cause trouble?   I now understand I can just choose to sync it to one, and let the apps share data to each other.   I do all the steps to sync are listed on the forum here, and it rarely syncs immediatley.   It seems sync at random during the day.   So, my question is  - could having a bluetooth sync to both cause conflicts of some sort?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HowardGA thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Note that your Fitbit device can sync with your iPhone and iPad, but can only do it one at a time. Additionally, if you have set up Notifications or All-day Sync, your Charge 3 will establish a Bluetooth link with the device where you're receiving Notifications from, which makes harder for the tracker to sync with your other mobile device. 

At this moment, I would like to suggest you to go to your iPhone and iPad Bluetooth Settings and remove the Charge 3 from here. Then, sync with your iPhone or iPad, make sure to turn off the Bluetooth on the other device as well. 

Thanks again for your question, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

My ipad and iphone still won't sync to my Charge 3, despite:  assuring software on both iOS and fitbit app is up-to-date, turning Bluetooth off then back on, removing fitbit device from Bluetooth, re-setting fitbit device, adding fitbit device back to Bluetooth, etc. (following steps above).

I had been able to receive notifications on my Charge 3 from my old iphone, which was recently replaced for water damage.  Why won't notifications work now?  Getting frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this worked and the Charge 3 syncs properly and records my run however my next run I have to do the same again and again and again. Is there a more permanent fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone7, My Fitbit charge 3 stopping syncing to my phone. I read the best answer.

I didn’t see my Fitbit Charge 3 on the Bluetooth list. I decided to check for an update. I went to the App Store to find the app. Because the Fitbit app was installed. I clicked on open. I got message we’re getting thing ready. When it was finished. I looked on my Bluetooth list and it showed up. I waited about a half hour. Every updated.

Best Answer

Nothing I do in the last week or so makes my Fitbit and iPhone synch. It has always been iffy. Now the fail seems permanent. If I could find a suitable replacement I’d buy it. Until then, I guess I live without. 

Best Answer