Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR not setting up with iPhone 7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a new iphone 7 but Fitbit charge HR won't connect to it fully.  Meaning I get the code to connect to show up but once it's entered on the app it just has an error pop up after trying to connect for about a minute.  Any ideas?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Simonson23t, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Have you tried to restart your Charge HR lately? If so, I'd like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker once again and leave it plugged in and charging.
  2. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. Check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices; if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the set up process. 
  5. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone and open the Fitbit app. 
  6. Tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device", enable Bluetooth when the app asks you to. 
  7. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi there,

I have used all of the above advice and my FitBit is still not connecting to my iPhone. It seems to just stay on the same screen with the number code, saying "connecting to FitBit" with nothing happening.

If there is some other advice that could help me that would be great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MS13, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier, if the setup process is getting stuck after you have input the 4-digit code, please force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app, then open the app again and go to Account and check if your tracker has already been added to your account. That exact same issue has happened to me and when I force-quit the app, I find the tracker has already been added. 

However, if the tracker is not listed under your name, please try to set it up again and let me know the outcome, I'll be happy to continue helping you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much for your reply.

I have force quit the app many times and even restarted my phone to try and sync my Fitbit.

When I’m on the app, under my user, it says ‘Set up a Device’ so I am assuming there is no tracker set up to my account?

Regards, Mia Schepis
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MS13, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Indeed, if under your name you're only able to see "Set up a New Device" that means the tracker has not been added to your account. As you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided above, I would like to follow these steps in order:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your tracker, then leave it plugged in and charging.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up your trackerone more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes