Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR syncing slowly on iPhone 8/iOS 11

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got an iPhone 8 with IOS 11, and now it can take 15+ minuets to complete a sync of my Charge HR.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Nitzerman  Sadly, the iPhone 8 isn't on the list of Supported Devices -- yet.  I hope your situation fixes itself when the phone is added to the list.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @Nitzerman, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? If not, that might be the reason your tracker is taking a long time to sync. If you have updated already I would like to suggest you to enable All-day Sync in the app to improve the connection between your tracker and your phone. 

To enable All-day Sync, open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge HR and scroll down until you see All-day Sync, then enable it. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thank you for the response. I checked my app, and All Day Sync was already enabled. So I don't think that is it.

Nitzerman
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have updated my app frequently.  

I guess I don't know how all day sync is supposed to work.  Since it was already enabled in the app, I haven't seen any sort of attempt for the app to communicate with my Fitbit without me initiating the sync first.  When I start the sync manually, it seems to gather and post initial info pretty quickly, but then the progress bar stops about half way and it takes a significant amount of time to complete the full sync (10+ minutes?).  The rotating arrows keep circling, so I know it's trying to process something, and it doesn't post the sleep info until just before it completes the full sync.

Best Answer

@Nitzerman  Sadly, the iPhone 8 isn't on the list of Supported Devices -- yet.  I hope your situation fixes itself when the phone is added to the list.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW wrote:

It’s nothing to do with iPhone 8. I have an iPhone 6S+ with iOS 11 and I have the exact same problem. The syncing progress bar goes to about midway, and then stays there. As I write, it has been stuck there for about 12 minutes now. People seem to have been having the same problem since last year; why this is not resolved yet is beyond me. The common solutions (resetting the Charge HR, removing and adding it as a new device, etc.) work for the first time after the process, but then gets back to the same issue.

Best Answer

Same. Sync bar gets to halfway and then gets stuck with only partial new data displayed. 30+ minutes and still not done. This is for a Charge HR on an iPhone 6S+. If I skip a day and try to sync the next, it doesn’t want to sync data for the previous day. It’s been slow to sync for months now, but since iOS 11 it’s been awful. 

Best Answer

Since the last update on the App, I have had to reboot or log off/on almost every time I want to Sync up. There must be a problem with the last update. 

Please fix it!

Thanks!

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 6s which synced fine until the ios 11 update from apple.  Since that change it takes as much as 15 minutes to sync, previously it was perhaps 1-2 minues.  There is definitely a problem with the ios 11 connectivity regardless of the model iPhone.

Best Answer

My Charge HR has quite often synced slowly, after the last firmware update 10 minutes plus. In running thru the fix-it steps today I updated the iPhone 6 software to ios11. Now it's 20 minutes plus and stuck at the halfway point, though the sync arrows keep spinning. I have restarted the phone, reset the device, etc. everything suggested and still not syncing. How dare they keep posting the same series of troubleshooting steps and labeling the post as "solved". Time to call support? To replace with another brand?

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is doing the exact same thing.  Sometimes if I get out of the app and then go back it, it seems to speed it up a bit, but it mostly takes 15-20 min to sync.  I can't believe they didn't have a fix for this before IOS 11 came out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they have not figured out how to fix. Maybe Apple isn’t cooperating

Herb Lamberton

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree. Can’t understand the holdup unless Apple isn’t cooperating

Herb Lamberton

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

Please note that with the latest update, the Fitbit app is now supporting the iPhone 8 and MobileTrack was added for it as well. If your tracker is taking a long time to sync with the app and you have already enabled All-day Sync, please check the following:

• Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal while your tracker is syncing.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process.
  • Restart your phone if you haven't done it yet.
  • Restart your tracker if you haven't done it as well. 

If your tracker is still taking a long time to sync, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated the app per these instructions and my fitbit is syncing just great.  I've got an iPhone 6s and just updated the iOS.  All had been fine until then.  After the OS update the sync took over 15 min.  Now its back to maybe 20s.  Thanks.

Best Answer
Interesting that the upload was brought back to a reasonable amount of time
without Fitbit acknowledging there was a problem in the first place. The
last update to the HR a few weeks ago froze my device, it can neither
reboot or operate as it. After almost 3 years with their devices and the
issues including mechanical failure I have given up and discontinued use.
Good luck with yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes