Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging problems - golden copper dots vanishes...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello,
After more than a year, I have problems charging my tracker. The golden contacts in Charge HR vanishes and I have to frickle when I connect the charge cable. I have to put it back and forth until the loading sign appears on the screen. This probably damage the dots worse, but what to do.
Is there any way to repair those dots ?
Would add a picture but don't know how.
Chraly2mal2
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @charly2mal2, good to see you around. It's been a few days since you posted this, so let me start by offering an apology for not seeing your post before. If the gold plates are vanishing this is a big deal, since your tracker wont have a stable connection when you try to charge it. Just as you explained on your post.

Try cleaning your charging contacts using a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. 

• Make sure not to scrape the contacts with a wire brush or anything metal, since this can damage the plating and cause corrosion
  • If you use a toothbrush, dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.

Clean the pins on your charging cable. To do so:

• Soak a cotton swab with alcohol and press the swab to the pins carefully.
  • Make sure that no debris from the swab is left behind.

Make sure to be extremely careful at the moment to follow this steps. If this is not resolving the issue please approach to our Customer Support for additional advice. Just let them know the steps you have tried so they can recommend the next step.

See you around and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too after 1,5 year use. No charging, I can see the pins on the watch reduced to 1/4mm or less. Screen broken after 6 months, rubber strap broken after 8 months...... Really a success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes