Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily step goal is not updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to change my step goal and right now it is set at 8213 steps, when I change the number, to any number, the goal reverts back to 8213. I have tried reinstalling the app, resetting my Ionic and I even tried changing it from the website, but my dashboard never loads. Any suggestions would help, TIA.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Every time I try and change my steps goal, it reverts back to the number that has been stuck on the app for weeks. I have tried deleting app, re-installing app, deleting ionic, re-pairing ionic, restarting phone and nothing will work.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AmyLynnFriedl. I am sorry for the delayed response.

Sorry to hear your step goal is not being saved when you try to change it. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. I recommend doing these steps in the following order:

1. Log out of the app.
  2. Force quit the app and check if it is updated to the latest version by following these steps.
  3. Restart your phone. 
  4. Log into the Fitbit app. 
  5. Tap your profile picture from the Today tab. 
  6. Find the Goals section, and tap the Activity goal.
  7. Tap the part of the goal you want to adjust, and follow the on-screen instructions to make your changes.

For more information about goals, please see this help article: How do I track my health and fitness goals with the Fitbit app?

Regarding the issue with the online dashboard, please try to use this link and let me know if you see anything. 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

These steps did not fix the issue for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem and these steps did not fix the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes