Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard no longer full screen on iPad

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi I've updated my iPad and now my Fitbit app doesn't show all the usual stuff without my having to scroll down, normally I could see the "front page" dashboard screen and I could see steps, floors, km, cals, minutes, track exercise, sleep, steps per hr, heart rate, weight loss, water consumption an cals all at a glance now I can only see the very top section and have to scroll down the screen to see anything else, the same for the other screens eg sleep I can only see the past 2 days whereas before I could see nearly a week with scrolling - what's happened? Can I change this at all, I don't like the appearance at all now, it's really difficult to compare stuff now 😤Any help appreciated thx
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @Elsie123, welcome aboard to our Community. I was checking on my iPad and indeed the app is not full screen as it will shown in a lower scale than other apps, but this is an expected behavior since was designed in that way. The main reason of this is because the app was made for the iPhones and not for iPads.

If you think the app is smaller than in previous versions, please share a screenshot so we can have a closer look and investigate more in depth.

In the meantime, there is a suggestion to make more versatile the iPad App on our Feature Suggestion board, called: iPad App. Perhaps you can share your vote and comments to make more popular this idea and implement a change in a near future. If this suggestion is not reflecting your idea, feel free to share your own in the Suggestions board.

Thank you for bring this feedback and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto,

I replaced my Fitbit Flex with a Flex 2 yesterday and I'm also noticing the display on the iPad is now in mobile view when previously it was full screen. It's much harder to read and navigate. It works fine on my iPhone 7. 

Any clues on how to fix or is this a bug in the system?

Cheers Annie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AnnieGrant, let me start by giving you the welcome to our Community. The app was originally developed for iPhone. So the app you are running on the iPad is not designed for this device and reason why is not full screen. 

If this is something in which you're interested, please visit the previous feature suggestion I mentioned before. This is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the future!

See you around and stay awesome!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I didn't update my fit bit. My dashboard was full size on my Ipad last night, but when I opened it this morning, it was very small. My wife had the same exact problem on her Ipad. Has Fit Bit done something?

-Warren-

Best Answer

Hello @Wellenwood, thank you for joining us in the Fitbit Community. Please refer to my previous post to support the suggestion I have shared related to this thread.

As I mentioned earlier, the app is not optimized to run with the iPad, so the scale of the screen will be smaller since the development of the app was meant for iPhone phones.

We appreciate your feedback and understanding while we work to improve the Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto, you said, "...indeed the app is not full screen as it will shown in a lower scale  other apps, but this is an expected behavior since was designed in that way. The main reason of this is because the app was made for the iPhones and not for iPads", but this is not entirely accurate. The app may have been made for iPhones, but until very recently it *did* display full-screen on an iPad. The resolution was poor, since it didn't take advantage of the larger display space available, but in the last week the display stopped expanding to fill the whole screen area. 

Ideally, an app designed to take advantage of the larger screen available on an iPad would be great, but in the meantime please restore what we had previously!

Best Answer

Roberto, you asked for a screenshot. Here's oneRoberto, you asked for a screenshot. Here's one

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem.

But I just found the solution through your screenshot.

Look at that image -- in the black part, in the lower right corner there is a circle with 2x inside the circle.  Tap on that, and it will become full screen again.

It is really a shame that this is not mentioned anywhere by the fitbit customer service, or in the charger 2 manual, which I read to find a solution.

Thank you for uploading your screenshot!  

Best Answer

That was a huge help!!! Thank you!!! -- Too bad the Fitbit rep didn't know how to fix this simple problem (or bother to try to figure it out) and just used a canned answer for every question...Hello Fitbit? Answering every question with the same answer - maybe you could vote for help - answer is not tech support or costumer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes