Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard showing a high number of calories for the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I’ve been given credit for consuming nearly 6,000 calories. That is so not true. Anyone else have this problem or a way to fix it?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Sues802, great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing what appears to be an inaccurate number of calories on your dashboard. I'd like to help you out.

First, I'd like to make sure if with this you mean that on your Food Log, it appears like you've eaten this amount of calories or if your burned calories count show this number for the day.

If it's in the app, have you logged any food items that could have caused this? If this is about your burned calories for the day, I can recommend going into your personal settings and here, make sure that your weight and height are correctly entered as a wrong weight or height number could result in wacky numbers.

If that was not the case, just to be sure, please, try to give your Alta a quick restart. You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot. Also, if you'd like log out of the Fitbit app and log back in and see if this makes any difference.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

PS. I'm moving your post to the iOS app board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for answering. I did not eat almost 6,000 by noon so something was strange. I deleted the app and restored it. That seems to have fixed the issue.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes