Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit button on application home screen availability to VoiceOver users

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Edit button For using app on iPhone with VoiceOver at screen reader. Last year the application software was updated and the edit button was disabled to users of voiceover. I am wondering when the edit button will be restored to the application home screen. I have been told that the edit button is available to cited users who do not use the VoiceOver application provided by Apple for people who are blind or have reading disabilities.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

🥺 This saddens me that this still hasn’t been addressed for you @Podunk! The edit feature not working for you has gone on long enough! Come on Fitbit Team it’s been ages! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I was disappointed to know that the most recent iOS update for the Fitbit app did not return the edit button to the home screen. It has been more than a year since I first brought this to the attention of customer service in the community. I will cross my fingers and hope that the next step that update will address my concern.

Best Answer

🥺 This saddens me that this still hasn’t been addressed for you @Podunk! The edit feature not working for you has gone on long enough! Come on Fitbit Team it’s been ages! 

Best Answer
Thank you for your support. I hope that the next update for the Fitbit software will correct the long-standing problem. However, I believe that the software riders for a Fitbit believe that the true problem is with the Apple voiceover software. I know Apple has a pool and the voiceover area that would be happy to work with the people at Fitbit to make their software more responsive to people who are blind or reading t disable using the Apple software. I offer again to speak with anyone in the application software writing team to explain the multiple concerns I have regarding accessibility to the Fitbit software and it’s ease-of-use. Thank you again for your support and I hope that this one issue will get corrected.
Best Answer

I certainly hope so too @Podunk! You have waited long enough. 

Best Answer
0 Votes