Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit exercise details

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey.  Had an Ionic for a few months now but really just been using it as a watch.  Recently I started a serious weight loss program for the rest of this year, and now calorie / training counting etc using the app.  I have been using another app for a few years which I really like, but its not free in terms of linking to the Ionic.

Started using the app today, and figured out most of it.

However, in the gym this morning before weights, I did 40 mins on the Cross trainer, but the app only giving me 24 minutes.  I think this is because I go quite high level on the trainer and when I do, I tend to put my hands on the handles in the middle (so they are not swinging / moving anymore) and the Ionic must think I have stopped.
How can I edit training on the app?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Blue2476, welcome on board. It's nice to see a new member around!

I'm glad to hear that you're taking advantage of your Ionic to record your activities, and thanks for the information provided. As you mentioned, placing your arms on the handles, may interrupt the activity tracking. If the machine that you're using has moving handles, I'd recommend to place your arms on them, or start your activity from the exercise app on the actual device.

About your inquiry, to edit your exercise details, please try the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the exercise tile.
  2. Tap on the exercise that you wish to edit.
  3. Tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
  4. Tap on "Edit Exercise Details" and adjust the start/stop times.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Blue2476, welcome on board. It's nice to see a new member around!

I'm glad to hear that you're taking advantage of your Ionic to record your activities, and thanks for the information provided. As you mentioned, placing your arms on the handles, may interrupt the activity tracking. If the machine that you're using has moving handles, I'd recommend to place your arms on them, or start your activity from the exercise app on the actual device.

About your inquiry, to edit your exercise details, please try the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the exercise tile.
  2. Tap on the exercise that you wish to edit.
  3. Tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
  4. Tap on "Edit Exercise Details" and adjust the start/stop times.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, 

Thanks for the welcome. I figured it out in the end, quite simple once you know how.

I have started putting the watch in my pocket when I use that machine so at least I get the steps whilst my hands are in the middle.

I'm using the app in anger now, have shifted everything over from the app I used before to the Fitbit app.  I'm enjoying using it.  The only function I think is very poor is the bar code scanner for food, it fails to find quite a lot of foods, whereas my last app was very good.  I end up putting most foods in manually or searching for them.
But overall, happy with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Blue2476, it's nice to see you here again.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to edit your exercise details, as well that you've enjoyed the experience. As mentioned before, you can use the exercise app on your Ionic if you're going to place your arms on the handles that are in the middle. This way your exercise can be recorded correctly without missing your steps.

About the bar code scanner, I see where are you coming from and thanks for sharing your feedback. Our team keeps improving our products and services based on the Community posts, your comments will not be taken for granted.

If you need anything else, let me know! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't seem to have the three dots on my exercise tile?  I have a versa.

Best Answer

Hi @Jandmmoran, welcome to the Forums! It's nice to see you here. I'm sorry for the delay in my reply.

Thanks for checking the steps posted above, and let's work on this together. The three dots will appear after tapping on the exercise that you wish to edit in the Fitbit app. Please make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the 3.0 version. If the dots are still not appearing, provide me with a screenshot. For instructions to attach a picture check this post.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I follow the directions to edit an exercise - I am only given the option to "delete activity" not to edit it...  Same on the Fitbit app on my phone or computer.  (Fitbit Ionic, Android phone, Windows computer).  Has anyone had success in updating exercise activity, that could fill me in??

Best Answer

Hi @Beersie. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for trying the steps posted in this thread, and let me help you with your inquiry. Please let me explain that at this moment the option to edit your details is only available for iOS devices. On Android or Windows computer you'll be able to edit your activity's name when using the auto-detection, in case your Ionic recognized your activity incorrectly. Our team will continue working to improve our Fitbit app, and in the meantime let me advise you to check this similar idea that was posted in our Feature Suggestions board. Our developers often visit this board to review our members ideas and implement them in the future. Don't forget to add your vote!

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer

If I track an exercise on my watch and forget to stop it at the right time, I go back and edit the stop time in the app via “edit exercise details”. Although it allows me to change the end time and calculates the new activity duration, the original calorie count stays the same and is not revised to account for the revised, shorter duration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been almost a year, but still we cannot edit our exercises?! When will you update Android? If I have to take 10 mins off from the exercise, it's impossible 🤷🏻‍:female_sign: Small thing, why isn't it here already? 

Best Answer
Best Answer

It’s good to see you in the community, @smoth1976.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the link for the Feature Suggestion so other users can comment and vote to show their support. I appreciate your efforts and hope our team can take it into consideration.

Have a good day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes