Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise stats and heart rate graph showing incorrectly after 3.40.1 app update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure what happened with the new update, but my exercise stats are jacked up in the app. Doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. 

EF548232-96D2-451D-BD4D-FC85DF59A61C.png

FC51B6A5-ED03-4A3C-978D-C1B1AA6774CA.png

6D5F8AD1-D8A0-48DC-8DFD-9AA6117534EE.png

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

It’s good to see you in the community, @ARobinson.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and providing screenshots. Could you please provide more details of the issue you're experiencing? I will be glad to investigate further. 

You can find more information about tracking your exercises at How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?  

I’ll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In all of the screen shots you can see there’s an exercise listed that looks normal, but one that’s got some weird spacing or something happening,  For example, in the first screen shot, the third exercise down, kickboxing, looks “normal.” The HR zone bar is complete, and below the bar,  it shows the duration, average HR, calories burned, and zone minutes.  In that same screen shot, the first exercise listed, also kickboxing only shows part of the HR zone bar, and only the exercise duration and average HR.  Same screen shot, second exercise (circuit training) it only shows part of the HR zone bar, two complete stats (duration and average HR), and only *partial* text for stats of calories burned and zone minutes.  This doesn’t seem to be limited to only one exercise, and it was not an issue until the most recent update.  This has affected previous data going back in my exercise log as far as I go.  

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @ARobinson.

I appreciate the additional details. I understand your concern and recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  6. Sync your Fitbit and check your details.

Hope this helps!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Doesn’t help. Already done that. Also removed and reinstalled the app. You’re not reading what I’m writing. THIS WAS NOT AN ISSUE UNTIL MY APP UPDATED TO 3.40. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @ARobinson.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and would like to advise that our team will be releasing a new version of the Fitbit app soon. The updates come with new features and bug fixes and I recommend updating the app once you see it available to check if the issue persists. You can confirm the steps to update the app at How do I update the Fitbit app?

Hope this gets you back on track!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still isn’t fixed with the update 3.40.1

Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @ARobinson.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists. I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can investigate the issue further and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer

For some reason, my heartrate zone % bar seems to have started slipping off the side of the dashboard - so for example although I was 60% in peak heartrate zone, the red bar is much smaller than the orange bar. I've tried to upload images to show what I can see, but I can't seem to be able to. I have reinstalled the app, removed and re-added the Fitbit (Charge 3), and restarted the Fitbit. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Lyddlesbeth.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I appreciate your efforts to provide screenshots, you can find the instructions here. I recommend trying the following:

2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

If the issue persists, please let me know the model of your mobile device and OS version. I will be glad to investigate further. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all!

The last couple of days when I go to view my exercises in the exercise panel of my Fitbit app the breakdown of the activity doesn’t fit the screen. I used the able to see the HR zone breakdown and all the stats from the home page and now I have to click on it to see the details. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it didn’t resolve the issue. Any ideas? 

Best Answer

When I click into the exercise screen to see the details of my exercise sessions (calories, % cardio, fat burn, etc) It looks strange.  for example I burned 347 calories during my Tuesday workout, but I can only see the first two digits 34.  Also the bar for my Sunday workout looks weird 60% cardio, but the bar is mostly yellow and only a little orange (not 60% of it) and you can't see the calories at all.  It is like it is stretched out and part of the screen is unseen to the right.  How can I fix it?  Today is the first I noticed.  The app is up to date.

Best Answer

It's just one glitch after another with the app these days. Does anyone that works at Fitbit actually use the app?? If you did you would surely be as frustrated as we all are with the constant issues (this, the slowing down of opening the food log since recipes were added, endless and incredibly annoying problems with food logging etc etc...) each update I think it might be better, but most often something is worse. It's really putting me off Fitbit for good, the app is such an important companion to the devices but seems to be under resourced or badly managed since it's always running so badly. Please, please, please overhaul the app and fix ALL the issues. Please. 

Best Answer

PS I switched to my old Blaze for a week since my Ionic totally bricked on me (I had to buy a second hand ionic to continue tracking the data I need, not buying more new Fitbit devices anytime soon). When using the Blaze despite the heart rate graph during logged exercise showing the various zones in different colours, the notated data showed zero minutes in any of the zones (100% below zones), so no Zone minutes were earned at all. that's useless!  

Update:

PPS I am not, never have been and never ever said I was, a Recovery Runner, how strange!

Update to this update : I now realise that Fitbit thinks only runners use Fitbit so all the names given in this forum (Jogger, Recovery Runner, Base Runner etc) are somehow an indication of how much we contribute here, or something (shrugs) glad I figured that out.

Best Answer

I have tried these steps, to no avail. I actually posted this question on Reddit also, and quite a few other people have the same problem. Unfortunately I can't add photos to my post because the insert image button just brings up a text box.  I'm on an iPhone 11 IOS 14.4.2

Thanks!

Best Answer

I tried all that.  Still graph is all messed up.  Heart rate is not categorized correctly either

Best Answer

I’m having that problem too

Update:

Didn’t work.  

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

It’s good to see you in the community, @Lado.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I recommend trying the following:

2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  5. Sync your Fitbit and check your details.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

Thanks for the details shared in your posts and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and they are currently investigating it. I am sorry for any inconvenience, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated.

By the way, I've moved some of your posts to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized and on-topic.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It didn’t work ☹️

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer