Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise stats and heart rate graph showing incorrectly after 3.40.1 app update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure what happened with the new update, but my exercise stats are jacked up in the app. Doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. 

EF548232-96D2-451D-BD4D-FC85DF59A61C.png

FC51B6A5-ED03-4A3C-978D-C1B1AA6774CA.png

6D5F8AD1-D8A0-48DC-8DFD-9AA6117534EE.png

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Yes it is very upsetting, my dash board will say i got my 2O k and my challenge will said like 10 k. The crazy part about that. Is i was in multiple challenges with a lot of the same people. And the number were all different and the start time for each challenge was the same. Its my versa. When i use my old alta all challenges are accurate. I dont get how i can be in challenges with the same people in different challenges and the total steps are different 

Best Answer

This does not work. I have tried multiple time. 🥲

Best Answer

The summary exercise doesn’t display the same percentages in heart zones as it does going into detail. For example I did a class and detail shows 10m in peak, 16m cardio and 16m in fat burn, which for one, doesn’t add up to the 43:25 exercise. But on the summary shows 38% cardio and the rest fat burn. 
also, half the time the summary shows the calories burned halfway off the screen to the right so you can barely see them. 
I updated the app and still same issues. 

Best Answer

It was so helpful to read this. I'm sadly reaching the same conclusion about Fitbit. I've been a loyal Fitbit user for many years. They were responsive and seemed to care about their users' experiences. Now? Things are so erratic. A couple of days ago, my husband and I upgraded to Senses. We noticed that the HR is WAY off. And users have asked for a fix since Sept. I thought it was the Sense. But I'm starting to wonder if it's the app and algorithms they use. I've been using a Charge and I loved it for years. But I noticed a couple of weeks ago, with the latest update, that my HR data was noticeably different than it had been, registering no zone activity or fat burn zone when I was doing activities (like interval training or spinning) that, until the update, always had my firmly in the upper cardio/peak zone range. With the Sense, it seemed even more extreme and my husband is about to throw in the towel on Fitbit and get another device. After reading this, I'm beginning to wonder if it's not the Sense, but the software. Sadly, Fitbit seems unwilling or unable to fix these issues. I would love to keep my Sense and stay loyal to Fitbit since I've used it for so long! What did you ultimately decide about Fitbit? Has this issue resolved for anyone else?

Best Answer
I can’t speak for others but my issue has not been resolved. I too have been a loyal Fitbit user but not getting any support. Did some troubleshooting research but nothing helped. Going to delete the app and pitch the watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for the updates in this thread.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts and for the details and screenshots shared. Our team is actively working on this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated. As mentioned before, please be sure to keep the Fitbit app updated to ensure that you'll receive the quickest resolution.

I’ll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Trace2927.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and they are currently investigating it. I recommend to keep the app up-to-date as updates come with new features and bug fixes. I've merged your post to this thread for more information.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Any ETA on that fix?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Ray__may.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and they are working on getting this resolved. I appreciate your patience and understanding. I've merged your post to this thread for more information. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is not exactly the same (maybe the mods will move this to another topic) here is an example from today :

A walk was automatically logged of 51m12s duration. For the entire duration of the walk my heart rate was above 106bpm (the starting point of my personal 'Fat Burning' zone) which I can verify by checking in the Heart Rate window. The heart rate graph shown when I look at the details of this walk is all yellow apart from a few peaks that are orange (in my 'Cardio" zone). However, the stats given are 2 mins Cardio (plausible as it was not a vigorous walk, although the sections in orange look to be more than 2 minutes), 18 min Fat Burn and the remaining 31 minutes Below Zones. Active Zone Minutes given are therefore 4 Zone Min Cardio and Peak (don't even get me started on how unhelpful that is) and 18 Zone Minutes Fat Burn giving a total of 22 zone minutes from 51 minutes of exercise above the Fat Burn threshold. Given that the cardio minutes are inexplicably doubled, this in fact equates to giving me credit for only 20 minutes in any zone other than 'Below Zones' which is entirely incorrect. 

Looking back, the majority seem to be more correct, I can only see one or two other exercise sessions that are as badly wrong as the above but still, my Fitbit is now useless for me to track my activity levels in any meaningful way, without having to double check and then re-interpret the data myself.

iPhone 8 iOS 14.4.2

App Version 3.41.1

Ionic Version 72.1.9

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem with this new software on apple is for my Surge, when I go to select another clock face, the app does not show anything to select. the page is blank. thanks for looking into this. 

Best Answer

Anything to add because it’s STILL happening and I am losing my patience. Seriously considering moving to Gordon because my partner doesn’t have these issues I keep having with Fitbit. 

Best Answer

This issue STILL isn’t fixed. And I just updated my all. This is pretty crappy if you ask me.

Best Answer

And now it’s well over a month LOL so annoying

Best Answer

I had also reported the issue early last month but had no response on my post. Glad to see this post has a lot of attention. There seems to be so many issues with the app and it's becoming extremely obnoxious. In my post (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Display-issues-with-exercise-log-and-display-on-the-app/m-p/...) I also reported another issue about logging exercises and having the date / distance / time selectors overlapping, which thankfully seems to be resolved now, so I do believe the development team are working on resolving the issues. I have hope that this will be resolved soon.

Best Answer

I’ve been having the same issue too — finally decided to come on here to see if there’s a solution and am disappointed to see that this problem has been being reported since March. Feels like this should be an easy bug fix. I’ve had fitbits since 2014 and I fee like the service and quality has been steadily declining over the years. Definitely getting an Apple Watch or Garmin next.

Best Answer

Same. And I really don’t want the Apple Watch just due to the battery life. This is so frustrating.

Best Answer

Could someone from the Fitbit iOS dev team just give us a simple update so we know if the colours and display issues in the Exercise section are being worked on and/or planned for a future release? Thank you!

Best Answer

As someone who works in programming and applications development, what confuses me is how a bug like this was even able to make it to an official release of the app. Something so glaringly obvious should never have gone unnoticed. Even if it somehow did, how does it not get fixed immediately? It's been at LEAST 2 months since this issue started and there is still no proper announcements on the development of a fix. All it seems to be is a sizing issue with the container for the zones breakdown bar, which seems fairly easy to fix. It's absurd.

Does anyone on their IOS dev team even use their own product? Are changes being made without proper testing?

Best Answer

@ARobinson. I actually got an Apple Watch a couple of weeks ago during the sale, and tested it alongside my new Fitbit Sense. I expected I'd want to keep the Sense because I've had different Fitbit products for over a decade. I bought Fitbits for 3 family members and we have an Aria scale. I loved the company because they used to be responsive. I was worried that I'd find the frequent battery charging Apple watches require a nuisance. And I don't like Apple's Health app at all. Plus I'm a loyal person. I wanted to stay loyal to Fitbit. But after wearing the Sense and the Apple Series 6 watch side by side for a week, I returned the Sense and haven't looked back. I'm surprised by how much I love the Apple watch, and don't miss my Fitbit. It's accurate for HR and exercise and sleep. I love that it integrates with Headspace so I actually meditate more. I still really dislike the Health app. But teh watch's activity app is great. And we got a Withings scale and it's amazing. As for the frequent charging of the watch, it's not nearly as bad as I worried it would be. It holds a charge for about 20 hours, depending on what I'm doing. I charge while I know I'll be sitting at my desk working. Maybe Fitbit will finally fix the issue. I mean, after women complained about the menstrual calendar not working for months, they finally fixed that issue. So, who knows--maybe they'll fix this too. I'm sad to say that I left Fitbit, since I was an early user, but too much went unacknowledged over the past few months. 

Best Answer