Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercises and active minutes aren't recognized

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just went for a walk with my dog and usually the app on my iPhone 7 Plus will auto recognize my walk and log it in as a workout for the week. The app didn’t log my walk but my active minutes were up so I figured I’d give it a refresh.. nothing happened so I went to log the walk in manually and once I did that the number of daily steps went down AND my active minutes went away.

I scrolled down to last week to see if there was a pattern since I know I was walking over 10,000 steps a day and they were long walks so they should’ve been logged and none of them were logged after Wednesday August 28th. 

I don’t remember how long my walks were last week but how can I get the iOS to auto recognize that there has been daily exercises without taking them away from my daily steps and daily activity minutes. This has never been an issue before which is why I’m reaching out.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @HelenaV31. It's great to see a new face around!

Thanks for the detailed information about what is happening with your Fitbit device. I understand how you're feeling as your device should have tracked that information, and let me help you out with this. As you may know your Fitbit device uses SmartTrack to recognized your activities based on the continuous movements of your arms. This means that your activity will not be recognized if you stop for a few seconds or if your activity lasted less than the time set in the Fitbit app.

That being said, when when you log an activity in your dashboard, your information will be override by the new information which affects other data. I know how helpful are the active minutes for you as they reflect your efforts during your activity, and so you can receive them and get your activities recognized please make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. Also, try to restart your Fitbit device and adjust the time set in the Fitbit app.

Give it a try and keep me posted!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @HelenaV31. It's great to see a new face around!

Thanks for the detailed information about what is happening with your Fitbit device. I understand how you're feeling as your device should have tracked that information, and let me help you out with this. As you may know your Fitbit device uses SmartTrack to recognized your activities based on the continuous movements of your arms. This means that your activity will not be recognized if you stop for a few seconds or if your activity lasted less than the time set in the Fitbit app.

That being said, when when you log an activity in your dashboard, your information will be override by the new information which affects other data. I know how helpful are the active minutes for you as they reflect your efforts during your activity, and so you can receive them and get your activities recognized please make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. Also, try to restart your Fitbit device and adjust the time set in the Fitbit app.

Give it a try and keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes