Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience after updating to iOS 13.5.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone downloaded the iOS 13.5.1 on their phone yet?  Wondering if I should wait to give Fitbit time to catch up. Although it’s a security fix so don’t want to wait too long.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Malia937 - my iPhone automatically installs updates when they are ready so, yes, my iPhone is at iOS 13.5.1. No problems that I’ve seen.

Best Answer

Yes I’ve updated and my Fitbit no longer allows me to enter custom heart rate zones or max.

also doesn’t track location during walks or rides.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have downloaded the new iOS and I no longer get text messages on my Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes
All-
Good news the map connection is back.
I switched access by Fitbit in the settings->privacy->location access page to “ask to access” from “always access” and my next ride failed after asking me for permission and not getting it. Then I switched it back to “always” and it mapped my latest ride. Let’s hope this fixes the problem...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @DanPA @rozyb. It's nice to see you around, @Malia937 @SunsetRunner.

@SunsetRunner thank you for your support!

@Malia937 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about the iOS 13.5.1 update. I'd like to share with you that we always recommend our users to keep everything up to date to avoid any connection difficulties, this includes the Fitbit app, device firmware update and the operating system of the mobile device you're using.

@rozyb I am sorry to hear you no longer get text messages on your Charge 3. I am here to help. Please confirm the notifications settings and the instructions in Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhones. Make sure to toggle the iMessage setting: General > Messages > iMessage, verify the `Show Previews` to be on `Always`.

@DanPA I am glad to hear that the issue with map connection is resolved. Thank you for sharing your solution, I am sure this information will be helpful to other users. I appreciate your efforts. If you're still unable to enter custom heart rate zones or max, I recommend doing the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your Fitbit account.

For more information about heart rate zones, see What are heart-rate zones?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. I’m brand new to fit bit. Can’t change hr max or add a zone. Tried log out, force quit, reboot phone. 

also can’t choose “set automatically” for stride length. I slide the toggle over, back out of section, when it go back in that screen, it’s slid back to disabled. iPhone XR. iOS 13.5.1. Inspire HR

Best Answer

I had a similar problem two days back but now everything is working. My charge 3 is syncing with my XR. So Fitbit must have fixed the problem. 
Thnks Fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a FitBit Inspire HR for my mother for her birthday. She has an iPad Pro running iOS 13.5.1. No matter what I do I cannot get the Inspire to synch with the iPad. I have installed the app, deleted the app, reinstalled, tuned iPad on/off, connected via bluetooth, disconnected via bluetooth, reset the watch (holding the button while attached to charger until I get the smiley face) and everything else I could possibly think of.  No dice, it just won't synch.  I then tried on my iPhone XR.,  iOS 13.5.1 and it synchs up fine.  How the heck can I get the FitBit Inspire HR to synch with the iPad as my mom does not have an iPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a shame that your mother’s Inspire HR does not sync with her IPad Pro running on 13.5.1 but syncs with your XR. I am sure one of the Fitbit moderators will help you out.
FYI - my Charge 3 had problems syncing when I downloaded 13.5.1 on my XR. Eventually with help from Lizzy and another moderator, my problems are more or less gone except that I cannot (never knew I could) see my current heart rate on the phone, just resting heart rate.

I also have an IPad Pro running on 13.5.1 but haven’t had any problems syncing my Charge 3. Here also, I cannot see my current heart rate.

Therefore, I would think the problems have to be with your Inspire HR and 13.5.1 not being compatible with one another?

Good luck!

Shyam

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi all-
Indeed, there seem to be a lot of issues with iOS 13.5.1 and Fitbits. I also can no longer see my current heart rate. And, occasionally, when I sync my steps are the sum of the previous day and the current accumulation. Eventually that gets fixed.
I still have no way to set custom max heart or custom zone. I fixed max rate by lying about my age (ha-ha!!).
Occasional syncing problems are usually fixed by shutting down the app, then restarting after sometimes also having to restart the phone.
I hope Fitbit figures this out... I’m on a Fitbit Inspire HR with version xxx1.63.12.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanPA 

I'm having similar syncing issues (see thread "Current heart rate not being displayed in iOS app"). Turning All Day Sync Off, and then On again seems to temporarily fix the current heart rate issue, for a few hours at least.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you here in the forums and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Fitbit app and the issues experienced after updating to iOS 13.5.1. I'm sorry that you're going through this situation and I'll give you a hand with your inquiries. Before anything else, let me share that our team has been informed about the custom heart rate zones not being able to be adjusted. While they're currently working on this matter to get it resolved soon, please make sure keep the Fitbit app updated and take a look to this thread for more details about this matter.

@Donjuan1111, thanks for the steps tried prior posting. Since you mentioned to have an issue when adjusting your stride length, does the same happen with other settings, such as time zone? If it does, let me know what other settings have the same issue and the version of the Fitbit app running on your phone. These details will help me to further investigate on my end.

@ForNona, I'm sorry that your mother's Inspire HR isn't able to sync and thanks for every step tried on your own. May I know what error message is displayed on the Fitbit app? Even though you've tried troubleshooting her tracker, please give a try to the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on her iPad, tap on the icon next to the Inspire HR and then on Forget this device. Do the same on your iPhone XR.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth on your iPhone and any other device nearby.
  3. Open the Fitbit app on her iPad and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync. This will re-establish the Bluetooth connection between her tracker and the Fitbit app.
  4. A Bluetooth pair authorization should appear, tap pair.

@Shyam, thanks for stopping by to help our members. I also appreciate you, @DanPA and @ChasBFit for sharing your experience with the Fitbit app. I'm sorry that your current heart rate isn't visible on the Fitbit app and just to confirm, do you recall when this started to happen? Did anything change after updating the Fitbit app? 

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes