Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibit won't sync when my phone is on LTE, only from home on Wi-Fi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

- I have a Fitbit Sense, an iPhone 12 Pro, and the latest versions of iOS (15)/firmware (128.5.49)/app (3.47).

- My Sense is NOT configured to connect to Wi-Fi networks, only via Bluetooth with my phone.

For about 6 months now, whenever I'm outside the out, so not connected to any Wi-Fi networks, I can't sync my Fitbit; the app says "No Internet", and invites me to "fix it". In the settings, everything relevant is checked: 

- Bluetooth: ON

- Background app refresh: ON

- Cellular Data: ON

My LTE/internet is definitely working, I'm not really "out of internet connection". And the second I connect to a Wi-Fi network (any Wi-Fi network), I can sync.

So: what is preventing my Fitbit app to sync over LTE? Anyone else with this issue?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Akaris Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for the details shared on your post and for the troubleshooting tried prior posting. Please note that this information has been forwarded to our team and they are working to identify a resolution to this issue as quickly as possible. Thanks for your efforts while working on this matter.

You can review this thread for more information. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello any news on the subject? I have the same issue and I was wondering if there was an actual solution…

Best Answer
The current solution seems to disable Apple's "Hide My IP" in the iCloud
settings.

It works for me. Not ideal, but works.
Best Answer

Is there any similar solution for those of us who don't have iCloud+? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey my boyfriend found the solution, you have to reset the iPhone’s networks. 
Settings/general/all the way to the bottom reset the iPhone after that you should be able to reset all the networks, it should work then 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It doesn’t work 😞 just tried it. 

Reset network settings seems to disable Hide My IP, so that’s probably why you thought it worked!

I guess there’s something Fitbit has to adjust in the app to support the option.  
Best Answer

Oh you’re probably right. Now that I think of it I had it activated 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Akaris and @EmJay90. Welcome to the Community Forums @Dadou547

Thanks for the additional details shared, I appreciate your findings and workaround. Our team is working to identify a resolution to this issue as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any trouble. Thanks for your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Catch you later.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes