Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit IOS app keeps showing 0 steps for yesterday

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Despite syncing multiple times, I keep having the app display 0 steps for yesterday.

This has happened 3-4 times over the last few weeks. Eventually the steps usually show up but today i have ried everything and still no steps for yesterday.

(iPhone 5s with latest IOS update)

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

@duncfair Welcome to the Community! I would like you to check if you have the latest app version which is 2.13.2 and check if you're seeing the same information in your online Dashboard. 

If you're seeing yesterday's data in the online Dashboard then please log out of the account and force quit it. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Hi Sylvia,

Could you please clarify your instructions? I see no way to find which
version I have.

Thanks,

Duncan
Best Answer

@duncfair You should be able to see your Fitbit App version by:

-Clicking the account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

-Clicking the "Help" button and the App version will be at the top of the page.

Also, I would recommend trying the following troubleshoots:

-Double check your internet connection on your iOS device.
-Force quit the Fitbit App by: rapidly double tapping your iOS home button > swipe left until you see a preview of the Fitbit App > and swipe to quit.
-Open your iOS settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.

-Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Hope this helps you out!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Hi Derrick,

Version 2.13.2 (412)

I tried everything you mentioned several times before I posted my problem,
although I don't understand how the internet connection is relevant as the
syncing process uses bluetooth.

Thanks,

Duncan
Best Answer

@duncfair wrote:
I tried everything you mentioned several times before I posted my problem,
although I don't understand how the internet connection is relevant as the
syncing process uses bluetooth.

@duncfair I *believe* (not 100%) the sync process works as follows:

- Fitbit device sends data to phone app via Bluetooth

- phone sends to Fitbit servers

- Servers send confirmation back to phone

- Fitbit App shows updated step count

Again I believe that is the process, based on what I've seen recently.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera is correct. An internet connection is required for syncing because data recorded by your Fitbit tracker is stored on Fitbit servers, not locally on users' mobile devices.

Keeping this in mind, connecting your iOS device to the internet either via Wi-Fi or mobile data is required for syncing your tracker.

Hope this provides more insight!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hello there @duncfair! I noticed that @DerrickS provided some useful tips. If this was the response you were looking for, I want to encourage you to mark it as the solution. 

Good luck! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I am seeing the same issue from past few weeks.I tried everything mentioned below still same issue

Double check your internet connection on your iOS device.
-Force quit the Fitbit App by: rapidly double tapping your iOS home button > swipe left until you see a preview of the Fitbit App > and swipe to quit.
-Open your iOS settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.

-Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me too.  Every day this week, I see the steps. I look before I go to bed. And the next day they are gone.  "Yesterday" says 0.  

It's maddening.  I hope you got an answer and can help me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this to mine and it still doesn't work.  I've been battling with this all week.  If I add up the amount of time I've spent fiddling with getting my fitbit to keep the steps I've taken, it would be embarrassing. Each day before I go to bed, I look at the steps. It says the number.  When I wake up - it starts counting the new day, but yesterday says 0.

I've logged out and logged back in again on the desktop dashboard.  I've turned bluetooth on and off again.  My IOS version is up-to-date. The fitbit app is up-to-date.

Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Rsbinhawaii! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. It's pretty weird that your data is disappearing. These are the things that I would like you to check:

- You're logging into the same account that you were before logging in and out. 

- Your data is going to reset every day at midnight. However, you should be able to see it in your Fitbit account.

Additionally, please go to your online Dashboard > click on log > activities and there choose week or month and check if you're able to see every day's data. (check screenshot) 

stepsdays.PNG

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge HR is doing the same thing. Started Thursday and tracks my steps for the day then does not save past midnight. Also does not track sleep either. I have tried all the steps above and still does not work. Most frustrating. My partner also has te same problem on hers. Is there a known bug and is there a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up re-setting my fitbit.
I had to look online to figure out how to do that.
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606

Make sure everything in the past is saved... then do the reset.
I was swearing for a week until I figured that out
Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution did not work.  The only thing that worked was resetting the fitbit.

I had to look online to do it.  The help here in the forum did not help at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

the only thing that helped was doing a RESET to the fitbit.  

When other people have this problem, you may want to give them this suggestion

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get yours figured out? Mine is doing this too, very frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has been doing this too. Very frustrating.
I ended up logging in my walk. But, it didn't get my daily steps
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me too with the Pacer iOS app. Shows 0 steps for yesterday. I do not have my FitBit synced with Pacer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BobRoberto2019, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, is Pacer a different app? Are you able to see the steps recorded with your device syncing to the Fitbit app? Could you please elaborate more about this situation? Some screenshots will be very helpful as well. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes