Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App 3.6 Not Reading Calories from Lose It!/Health App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

[Edited to identify diet app and improve clarity]

I’ve tried to find topics posted in the last 24-48 hours about this and failed. In case I’m the first one, I’m starting a new thread.

I have been tracking my food in Lose it! and my steps, heart rate, and sleep in Fitbit for several months. Normally, Lose It! posts my nutrition data to the health app included with iOS, and then Fitbit’s app reads the info and updates its calorie recommendation for the day. This feature worked yesterday. It is blank today.

I have synced several times, not touched any settings, downloaded the latest update from Fitbit.... nothing changed on my end, but something seems broken behind the scenes.

I checked my device’s privacy settings, and Fitbit does not appear in the list of apps that have requested access to my health data. In Lose It!, Fitbit is allowed to read food and share activity data.

Has health integration been removed in the last update? Have permissions for compatibility with other health apps been reset? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I’m having the same issue.

Grrrrr!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I’ve tried everything I know to try to fix it it to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: 9/19 at 8:50 am EDT

I haven’t changed anything, but Fitbit read today’s breakfast successfully. No luck with yesterday’s food, but hopefully it will keep working.

@Jdoyle1367 @joedotkot Did it start tracking again for either of you as well? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there - Yes - I’m so happy it started working again for me as well. Oddly it brought over half of yesterday’s meals. But everything today is working fine again.  😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: 9/19 2:50 pm 

I still haven’t changed anything, but my Fitbit app is now:

a) syncing correctly as I add today’s food in Lose It! and

b) displaying yesterday’s data as well.

I don’t know what changed, but if anyone at Fitbit tweaked something to fix this, thank you for your work. I’m going to mark this as fixed, even though all we did was wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Synced today’s food.

Still won’t sync yesterday. 🤷‍:male_sign:
I’m sure it will get fixed at some point.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes